Send us a suggestion!

International Lost Canyon Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Mountaineer, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Mountaineer

Mountaineer Is that an X slot?

Hi Friends,

I've been remiss in posting for the last year. Yet I have really enjoyed reading about our adventures. So yes, it is time I get a bit more active again on our wonderful forum.

We got back from Costa Rica this week, and of course we did some canyoneering (canyoning as they say). It was with a guide group in the La Fortuna area, where we descended "Lost Canyon". 5 rappels, including a monkey drop where you zip line across then immediately descend on belay/rap into a pool below. Very interesting how the rigged and reset this.

The first waterfall was over 120 feet, and so much fun. Unfortunately, it was raining hard and keeping my camera lens dry was a challenge. Just a couple of blurry pics I salvaged from video below.

Certainly as a full catered experience, it left you yearning for something more. Thus next time I hope to grab my own gear and explore when I get back there.

Another canyon checked off the list, with hundreds of unlimited canyons yet to experience across the globe.

a.

vlcsnap-2017-08-26-08h16m54s725.