Send us a suggestion!

Looking for partner(s)

Discussion in 'Meet Up' started by Craigcrow, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Craigcrow

Craigcrow

I’m looking for partners to do canyons. I’m just getting back into canyoneering and am interested in being kinda methodical about what’s appropriate for my skill level. I’m hoping to do a bunch of easier canyons this fall and winter and hopefully graduate to more technical terrain in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RThatcher likes this.
  2. jsb4g

jsb4g

PM sent.
  3. jvangorp

jvangorp

My husband and I just moved back to Utah, too. Been away for 6 years. Before we moved away we did canyons like Pine Creek, Keyhole, Mystery, Subway and several of similar rating in Moab area, too (can't recall the names...). We are also looking for others to join. I'm planning on going to the ACA practice session in Big Cottonwood on August 13. If you're interested, maybe come along and we can see if there are others looking for canyoneering buddies, too.
    Craigcrow likes this.
  4. wisconnyjohnny

wisconnyjohnny

Heading to trachyte for Friday and Saturday morning beginner friendly canyons.! Maybe spice it up with a short R as a PM tapas canyon
  5. Craigcrow

Craigcrow

I’m going to neon on Sunday!

6. wisconnyjohnny

wisconnyjohnny

hope you started in the dark, or are camping a night. hot down there!
    Joe C likes this.
  7. MeiDayMeiDay

MeiDayMeiDay

Are you still looking for partners? I'm new to this but I have a climbing background and a lot of enthusiasm :)
  8. RThatcher

RThatcher

Hello, I’m also looking for partners. Been checking out the site for a bit and decided to sign up. I’m a long time hiker, backpacker, outdoorsman. Getting reacquainted with rope work, anchors, etc and hoping to get out with some other people with similar goals or more experienced Canyoneers (if they’d have me). I have every other weekend off and every other Wednesday/Thursday during the week off. Let me know if anyone wants to get out.
    hank moon likes this.
  9. RThatcher

RThatcher

Did you have any specific canyons you were hoping to do this fall or winter?
  10. Craigcrow

Craigcrow

I just sprained my knee doing a canyon near Moab, I don’t know when I will be able to get back into the canyons. But I’ll stay in touch, it looks like we have a work schedule that is compatible. As far as canyons go I would like to get into quandary and the squeeze when they have high water levels. Any canyon that is more fun with water.

11. RThatcher

RThatcher

I agree - water makes things more interesting. Sorry to hear about your knee. Let me know if you want to try and plan something when you have healed.
  12. Craigcrow

Craigcrow

I will, it’s probably gone be a month before I’m ready to go again, but at that time it would be best do do easier canyons