Send us a suggestion!

Looking for Partner(s) - I live near the Roost/Swell

Discussion in 'Meet Up' started by Rudolf The Red, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Rudolf The Red

Rudolf The Red

Hey all, looking for partner(s) to conquer some of these more technical canyons out in the Swell/Roost/Powell area. Not to mention meet some Canyoneers. Moderately experienced Canyoneer and trained in rope rescue, I am a Backcountry park Ranger in Canyonlands-Maze District, so I am living out in Hans Flat.

If anyone is interested, I have most of the gear I need (more on the way) and can offer a competent hand as a team in these canyons, still have a bit to learn about pothole escape and some R/X techniques, but that is part of the fun, right?

Hit me up, I should be going out to do Zero G, North Fork of Iron Wash and potentially lower Eardley solo on the 12th/13th/14th. So Ill be in the area.
  2. Tirrus

Tirrus Rope rider.

Rule #21: Bring a meat anchor.

You should reach out to the other Red Ranger over in the Needles. I heard he is itching to get into some canyons. I would also be interested in getting out at some point, although it doesn't appear our days line up. PM me if you want the contact info for your coworker at the Needles.
  3. Rudolf The Red

Rudolf The Red

Ha, funny finding other park folks here. I know both the guys over there, if they are the BC guys. Ill give them a try. Thanks.
  4. MoabMan

MoabMan

I'm interested in hitting the more technical canyons in that area and am available next weekend. I've done more rock climbing/mountaineering/caving than canyoneering but am doing it more these days and have all my own gear. I also love The Maze!
  5. Tirrus

Tirrus Rope rider.

It's a small NPS, and a smaller canyon community.
  6. Craigcrow

Craigcrow

Hey Rudolf, I just moved back to Utah and am pretty psyched to get out to the Roost, Swell and North wash.
    PM me to chat