Send us a suggestion!

Last minute canyoneering trip-THIS WEEKEND

Discussion in 'Meet Up' started by Scott Patterson, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Scott Patterson

Scott Patterson

Partners changed plans at last minute. Does anyone want to go on a last minute canyoneering trip?

Lost Springs, Roost, San Rafael, Capitol Reef, northern Escalante, or ?

If you are interested, let me know right away.
  2. Mountaineer

Mountaineer Is that an X slot?

Would love to, but Easter weekend plans. Rain forecasted?
  3. Scott Patterson

Scott Patterson

Holy crap; they updated the forecast! Last night it said 20% for Hanksville. Now it says 60%!
  4. Mountaineer

Mountaineer Is that an X slot?

Ugh.

Last weekend it was 10%. It then shot to 30%, but of course rained hard from 4 am on, most of the day. I got enough mud to add to Bootboy's collection for weight measurements. :) But all good, wetsuits and ZeroG maybe?
  5. Scott Patterson

Scott Patterson

If I could find someone, maybe. If not, I just may head for Sids Mountain and check some things out up there. A little rain wouldn't hurt since fresh pothole water is better than what's usually up there.
  6. Scott Chandler

Scott Chandler Wildness is a necessity-John Muir

That storm kinda scared me off for the whole weekend but I may be up for something Sunday.
  7. Scott Patterson

Scott Patterson

I won't do a slot canyon Saturday, but maybe a quick run through a short one on Sunday would be fine, if the weather looks reasonable. Hogwarts or Zero G perhaps?
  8. Scott Chandler

I'd be down although if Iron Wash is running higher than last weekend I'm not sure if I'd want to take my car through it (dang new fangled thing with its fancy electronics :confused:)
  9. Scott Chandler

I also have a sweet little CRITR to try out so I would lean more towards Hogwarts
    Deagol and Rapterman like this.
  10. Scott Patterson

Scott Patterson

Let me know if you really do want to go. Otherwise, I'll just pack for Sids Mountain.

Also, my phone is 970-756-8813 if you wanted to give me call.
  11. Deagol

Deagol too many hobbies

I am off by one week, otherwise I would be interested.. we will be there the weekend after you will. Good luck with your trip!
  12. Spiderzak

Spiderzak

I'm interested. I'd be up for a non-slot hike tomorrow. I'd never heard of Sids until right now. I'm also interested in Zero G, but less so in Hogwarts. I still haven't gone to Little Wild Horse/Bell or Ding and Dang, so I might just peel off and see those Sunday instead of joining you for Hogwarts. Any chance you'd agree to camp farther north instead of going down towards Hogwarts?