Send us a suggestion!

Ladies - What shoe are you using?

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Gear' started by N2outdrs, Mar 12, 2017.

1. N2outdrs

N2outdrs

I have worn out my 5.10 Savants and I am looking to find something to replace them. I have a wide forefoot so the Savants fit me well. I loved the grip and the drainage of the Savants. I would love to hear what your using.
  2. Mike Rogers

Mike Rogers

I'm no lady. But I know a couple ladies (not in this group) who are liking La Sportiva's TX3. (Seems pretty true-to-size in womens.) It's comparable in design intent to the 5.10 Savant. As a former Savant wearer, I can attest to the TX3 being a much better shoe on just about all fronts. I don't think they drain quite as well...but then my Savants were generally opening up with holes after the first few canyons, so they had extra drainage! (And if you've been unable to wear La Sportivas in the past because they were too narrow, give these a try anyway. I, too, have a wide forefoot, and the TX series are the only La Sportivas that comfortably--very comfortably!--fit my foot.)

My review of the men's: https://mikeshikes.wordpress.com/2016/04/24/review-la-sportiva-tx3/

Added plus, I'm starting to see the women's TX3s on sale. Wish the men's were...this is a stock up shoe for me.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    N2outdrs likes this.
  3. hank moon

hank moon lovely ligatures

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  4. N2outdrs

N2outdrs

Thank you Mike, I think I will give those a try. Hank thank you for the links, I will check those out.
  5. Mike Rogers

Mike Rogers

Cool. Interested in your feedback because the sample size is low!
    N2outdrs and HumblyActiveMan like this.
  6. Alane Urban

Alane Urban

I wear the FiveTen Canyoneer. Although it is a men's shoe, I find a size that fits me. When first exploring, I ordered two sizes from Zappos. One worked and Zappos is great about returns. I know a lot of women don't like them, but they are comfortable for me even on the longest canyon days. I'm not willing to give up the stealth rubber so stick with the canyoneers. Stickiness over perfect fit in my opinion and playing around with sock combination (I wear two regardless if wool or neo) helps with fit.
  7. nrhardin

nrhardin

N2outdrs and ratagonia like this.
  8. N2outdrs

N2outdrs

Alane thank you, I too love the stealth rubber stickiness. I have often thought of getting a pair of the canyoneer but was not sure about size.. I may try your method from Zappos's. I could also use the Canyoneers in my swiftwater rescue class when I teach as I have male friends wearing them for whitewater paddling as well. It was good to hear the perspective from a female who has worn them.
  9. N2outdrs

N2outdrs

Thank you nrhardin.
  10. Iceaxe

Iceaxe

My wife and daughters all wear the 5.10 Guides and love them. We have tried a lot of women's shoes and the Guides are by far the best women's shoe we've found. They have all owned a pair of 5.10 Canyoneers at some point and the experience ranged from mediocre to hate. YMMV
  11. dakotabelliston

dakotabelliston Living life to it's fullest

I have extremely wide forefoot do to Taylor's bunions. Most shoes kill my feet so finding a good canyoneering shoe has been a struggle.

The 5.10 guide tennies: we're awesome except 1. They are heavy 2. They don't do well when they get wet & 3. They gave me blisters on my heels.

I recently transitioned over to the new Adidas line of shoes. So far extremely comfy & do awesome in wet canyons. Most of them now have the Vibram sole.

5.10 recently has come out with a "mesh" shoe I am excited to try. The mesh should allow for wide feet & dry quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  12. 2065toyota

2065toyota

My wife wears 510 guides and 510 canyoneers, my daughter wears 510 guides.