Send us a suggestion!

Kolob Canyon question

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by homegrown6, Sep 8, 2008.

1. homegrown6

homegrown6 Guest

Has anyone done Kolob recently. Also I didn't notice a link for permits in Kolob on the ZNP website.

Nick
  2. adkramoo

adkramoo Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "homegrown6" <homegrown6@...> wrote: > Has anyone done Kolob recently. Also I didn't notice a link for > permits in Kolob on the ZNP website. > Nick

Friends observed the place where Kolob crosses the road and noted a lot of water flowing over the falls. I suspect, but am not sure, that one can't reserve a Kolob permit in advance because of the water release potential at the Kolob Reservoir Dam.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Guest

Last week they maintained 15 cfs. This week they say they can't guarantee the flow. ----- Original Message ----- From: adkramoo To: Yahoo Canyons Group Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 12:55 PM Subject: [from Canyons Group] Re: Kolob Canyon question

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "homegrown6" <homegrown6@...> wrote: > Has anyone done Kolob recently. Also I didn't notice a link for > permits in Kolob on the ZNP website. > Nick

Friends observed the place where Kolob crosses the road and noted a lot of water flowing over the falls. I suspect, but am not sure, that one can't reserve a Kolob permit in advance because of the water release potential at the Kolob Reservoir Dam.

------------

Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail is spam: Spam Not spam Forget previous vote

REMEMBER: Never give out your account information, password, or other personal information over e-mail.
  4. I believe that they are getting to the end of the release season. It has not been as hot as last year, resulting in the water temperature in the Virgin River where the fish reside, not being as warm, therefore less need for the cold water.

If they cannot maintain 15cfs, then the reservoir must be getting down to the low point where they must maintain their minimum level.

Just one man's opinion,

bruce from bryce

To: canyons@yahoogroups.comFrom: cougar@netutah.comDate: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 13:24:49 -0600Subject: Re: [from Canyons Group] Re: Kolob Canyon question

Last week they maintained 15 cfs. This week they say they can't guarantee the flow.----- Original Message ----- From: adkramoo To: Yahoo Canyons Group Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 12:55 PMSubject: [from Canyons Group] Re: Kolob Canyon question--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "homegrown6" <homegrown6@...> wrote:> Has anyone done Kolob recently. Also I didn't notice a link for > permits in Kolob on the ZNP website.> NickFriends observed the place where Kolob crosses the road and noted alot of water flowing over the falls. I suspect, but am not sure, thatone can't reserve a Kolob permit in advance because of the waterrelease potential at the Kolob Reservoir Dam.-------------------------Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail is spam:SpamNot spamForget previous voteREMEMBER: Never give out your account information, password, or other personal information over e-mail.

_______________ Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live. http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!550F681DAD532637!5295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_domore_092008