Send us a suggestion!

FAQ Issues With Trip Reports

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yetigonecrazy1, Sep 30, 2019.

1. yetigonecrazy1

yetigonecrazy1

Hi all,

Two questions I hope you might help me with:

1) I'm trying to upload photos to a trip report. I keep getting an error message trying to upload pics, saying "The file size is too large for the server". It says clearly on the upload dialog box the max file size is 10 MB. I tried loading seven or eight different pics, and got the same message every time. Each photo I tried to upload is only around 2.5 to 3 MB each. What's up? Is the CC server running out of room?

2) Can we get a listing for Colorado other than Ouray? There are lots of canyons in CO outside of Ouray, would be nice if we could get a listing option for them. Just even a "CO: NOT Ouray" would be helpful.

Thanks so much for any and all help.
  2. Sutitan

Sutitan

For the image issue, Ive always just used an online compressor. This one in particular: https://compressjpeg.com/ . But I agree, id always run into the same issue. Files were always smaller than the limit, but would fail to attach.
  3. Jake Freimanis

Jake Freimanis Ours is a quiet fear

Hey I was having very similar issues. The easiest thing that I found would work was using a dedicated image hosting site. I found imgur to be the easiest to work with (the sites that used links to google photos kept acting finnicky for me). They have a 20 or 25MB limit per photo but just create an account, upload photos, then click on a photo you've uploaded and hit the button to copy "BBCode." Just paste that code straight into the trip report and your photos will show up in its full high-def glory.
    I think the issue may be that CC only wants the entire post to be less than 16-ish MB.
    bb.
    Thanks to @NM Ben for helping me figure this out.
    NM Ben likes this.
  4. yetigonecrazy1

yetigonecrazy1

Hmm. I'm not keen on compression for a variety of reasons, and the last time I hosted a bunch of images online the site eventually shut down. I'll give imgur a go I guess. Thanks for the replies guys.
  5. stefan

stefan wandering utahn

imagebam is another reliable free hosting site that will maintain images over long term.

http://www.imagebam.com