Send us a suggestion!

Inactive

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by adkramoo@aol.com, May 25, 2003.

1. No one is posting out there. Why? Because your all out doing canyons. I, on the other hand am working ridiculously long hours, with no planned trip in sight. I sure hope you "operating" folks are kind enough to give poor, pitiful me a trip report. Throw the boy a bone, will ya!

RAM

2. David Meding

David Meding Guest

-Ram, You are not alone friend. I was wondering the same thing, no posts for almost two days now, everyone is out enjoying themselves. I'm stuck here in Chicago with more work than hours in a day. But my time will come in about 17 days. Then its a full week in and around Moab. Hope to hear some good trs about this weekend before then. Dave -- In Yahoo Canyons Group, adkramoo@a... wrote: > No one is posting out there. Why? Because your all out doing canyons. I, on > the other hand am working ridiculously long hours, with no planned trip in > sight. I sure hope you "operating" folks are kind enough to give poor, pitiful me > a trip report. Throw the boy a bone, will ya!
    RAM
    >
  3. --- I am here in Honduras serving a 2 year mission for the LDS church, so I can kinda sympathize with those not doing any canyons, but I have fun hearing about others, cause I spent basically all last summer in Zion. :)

In Yahoo Canyons Group, adkramoo@a... wrote: > No one is posting out there. Why? Because your all out doing canyons. I, on > the other hand am working ridiculously long hours, with no planned trip in > sight. I sure hope you "operating" folks are kind enough to give poor, pitiful me > a trip report. Throw the boy a bone, will ya!
    RAM
    >
  4. >>Throw the boy a bone, will ya! <<

Gee..........I spent the weekend suffering in Zion doing trade routes with family and friends...........hehehe.........

Several of us stole the Emperors woman and dragged her through Mystery on Saturday while the Emperor himself looked elsewhere. Stayed in the watercourse the whole distance and it added to the fun meter. From now on I will skip the walk arounds in the upper section. Most of the upper obstacles are fun downclimbs.

As far as my kids are concerned (age 5 and 7) the highlight was finding a big old rattlesnake near the bottom of Pinecreek. It was their first real live buzztail.

Stormy and I did Keyhole (the long version) in 36 minutes car to car. Now most of you are saying to yourself that 36 minutes is pretty damn fast but no record........gee...........give us a break................Stormy is only 7.

Suited up at the car in shorts and tank top, put on our harnesses, took a short rope, a sling and a big drink of water. Zinged up and over the saddle, down through the upper section, passed a group carrying way to much equipment at the first rap. Downclimbed the tree, with me belaying Stormy. Cold swim, Rappelled at the big eye bolt. Swim..... Than Stormy and I just walked down what most call the third rappel with my super sticky 5.10's providing all the traction we needed which amazed the two folks wearing teva's who were coiling their ropes at the bottom.........Than the long swim out. Exiting the flooded hallway Stormy just grabbed the coiled rope over my shoulder and was dragged through the deep sections. Keyhole was full of water but going fast in a small group makes it no problemo...........Can you tell that I like to brag about my kids??? Stormy was extremely proud when we exited Keyhole and two groups of canyoneers were sunning themselves at the exit and gave her a round of applause...........thanks whomever you were, that made her day.

Proud Papa Shane