Send us a suggestion!

In search of canyoneering partners Utah Oct 22-25

Discussion in 'Meet Up' started by Preston Gable, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Preston Gable

Preston Gable

Coming out from Iowa for the EOE rendevous by myself and want hit some new canyons before. Only really done canyons in Escalante area before and open to anything else in Utah.

I'll have my 4wd pickup and am willing to drive wherever. Have my own gear, rope, wetsuit, and PLB. Willing to be a pack mule for the opportunity to tag along and see some new canyons. I would say I'm fairly competent canyoneer for the number of canyons I've done and looking through the ACA skills sheet I think I could check off everything through Aspirant and most of Leader 1.

Little about myself, grew up and live in Iowa. Have undergrad in Agriculture & Biosystems Engineering and a Masters in Mechanical Engineering and Biorenewable Resources. Work in Biofuels research. My wife and I own a winery (willing to bring plenty to share :)). Volunteer Firefighter and EMS. Have FF1 and will be taking EMT this winter. Taken courses in Technical Rope Rescue, Swift Water Rescue, and Ice Rescue. I'm 29 fairly fit 6' 200lbs hopefully closer to 185 by October.

Quick canyon resume
    Canyoneering course and pothole workshop with EOE
    Micro Death+dirty jobs
    E0,1,1.5,2, and 3
    Sad Cow Disease
    AFC
    Doodles
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    wsbpress and ScottM like this.
  2. Scott Patterson

Scott Patterson

I may be interested.
    Preston Gable likes this.
  3. townsend

townsend

I may be interested as well; hard to know my schedule this early. Will try to keep track of thread.

Scott
  4. qedcook

qedcook

Those all sound like fun canyons. Keep me posted.
  5. Preston Gable

Preston Gable

Those are the canyons I have done, open to doing any others on this trip
    Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
  6. Preston Gable

Preston Gable

Bump for a month out, going through gear and getting excited. Except for the 1200 mile drive both ways.:vomit:

I know all you locals just play it by ear and go but I'm a planner.

Open to anything in Southern Utah. I'll leave the night of the 20th and should be ready to hit a canyon first thing on the 22nd.
    wisconnyjohnny likes this.
  7. wisconnyjohnny

wisconnyjohnny

I live locally and have a few one hit wonders I love to revisit. (Not on you’re list) and not ones that you will do during the rendezvous. Hit me up if ya want.!
  8. Preston Gable

Preston Gable

Feel free to PM what your thinking I haven't heard from anyone else, not exclusive to Escalate (was actually wanting to see some different country).
  9. Preston Gable

Preston Gable

Bumping again since I've only heard from Johnnny in Escalante. Which I'm grateful for but was looking to see some different areas since that almost exclusively where I've went before. Anyone else free in southern Utah or have a spot open 22nd-25th? I'll be a packmule and bring rope and a sandtrap.
  10. wisconnyjohnny

wisconnyjohnny

Eamon wants to hit High spur and the angels. Look him up.! Or just go camp at sandthrax on a weekend and join up with some people.
  11. Jolly Green

Jolly Green

We will be out and about on the 25th. No finalized plans. PM sent.