Send us a suggestion!

Imlay?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Moab Mark, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Moab Mark

Moab Mark

Looking for any info, thinking about going the first part of May?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  2. Scott Byington

Scott Byington

Agreed, inquiring minds want to know.
  3. 2065toyota

2065toyota

I would bet snow free and full of really cold water. Some friends did Mystery and it was snow free also

We did Pine Creek yesterday and it had more water and swims in it than I have ever seen. I would bet 60% of at least waist deep and swims. Even has a small amount of log soup and huge log to navigate
    Scott Byington and ratagonia like this.
  4. NevadaSlots

NevadaSlots

We did Not-Imlay this Monday (4/16). Its not Imlay....but the, strangely enough, the approach was quite dry with tons of really billowy sand but once we got to the first rappel of Not there was a trickle going off the edge. I would bet right along with 2065toyota that Imlay is pretty full but also pretty dang cold. I wore a 4/3mm down Pine Creek this weekend and it was just enough for a warm running person, you would want more for Imlay for sure.
    Scott Byington and ratagonia like this.
  5. bhalvers2002

bhalvers2002

Did imlay Monday May 7 group of 4. Started 7 am from grotto, just under 4 hours via right sneak, 4.5 hours technical section and back to car at 5pm. 2 hook outs with big Bertha about 3-4 feet below. Big log jam was an energy sapper. 5:4 and 4:3 wetsuits with boosters were good. Really fun day.

Opinion. Our group preferred right sneak. 2 times previous left sneak. Agree with others commenting the steeper decent, handline on left is “less enjoyable”. Both ways come at a cost, but I like right.

IMG_4286.JPG IMG_9578. IMG_9585.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk