Send us a suggestion!

Imlay Leprechaun Pack

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by Bill Westerhoff, Feb 16, 2006.

1. I know that I saw Ram dragging one of these beauties Down Shenanigans, but I didn't check it out fully. How does this sucker hold up?!? Mostly I seem to destroy zippers it seems. From the picture the zipper looks pretty well covered, but I want a tough Cordura pack that doesn't have a vulnerable zipper and that I don't have to "baby", which Ram certainly does NOT do.

Bill
  2. adkramoo

adkramoo Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "Bill Westerhoff" <thedesertnomad@...> wrote: > I know that I saw Ram dragging one of these beauties Down Shenanigans, > but I didn't check it out fully. How does this sucker hold up?!? > Mostly I seem to destroy zippers it seems. From the picture the zipper > looks pretty well covered, but I want a tough Cordura pack that doesn't > have a vulnerable zipper and that I don't have to "baby", which Ram > certainly does NOT do.

Hi Bill

The pack just got some more abuse last week. The zipper guard is bombproof. It is amazing how much one can carry on the flat contour on the packs top, in conjunction with the straps. I am able to take a 60m rope or a 4/3 wetsuit and carry it on the outside in a comfortable and balanced way, with the helmet looped and attached to the back of the pack also. The hand loop is genius. Never twists when hauling and takes the bunny strap biner, with the strap still in the pack (zipper right there) or attached around your waist. It is finally showing some of the abuse for which I am famous for inflicting. The strap on the side wore thru and is tied back on and still functional. The belt strap, where it attaches to the bottom of the pack severed on the last canyon, (Bruce, thanx for finding it) so it is waist beltless now, which is a shame but not crtitical and only a pain on a long approach/hike out tight canyon. I have used and abused the pack in over 30 scrappy, tight and abusive canyons and it is still functional. A record for any Ram pack. Ram