Send us a suggestion!

How To Turn A Beer Can Into The Only Camping Stove You'll Ever Need

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Gear' started by Jimmy Olsson, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Jimmy Olsson

Jimmy Olsson

Don't know if you've seen this before, but I think it is a pretty smart and funny innovasion. Light and easy to bring! However, I prefer gas. :)

2. Pikan

Pikan

There are tons of other methods and designs. You can find them all over on YouTube my favorite is called the super cat. Intense angler has a channel that gives instructions on various designs

-Luke
  3. ratagonia

ratagonia

If you ever cook for more than one person, you might need a little more fire power... so to speak.

Every tool has its place. "only" and "ever" are tools to be used sparingly.

T
  4. Bootboy

Bootboy Atwood Gear

http://www.vargooutdoors.com/titanium-triad-alcohol-backpacking-stove.html#.UpPRI3i9Kc0

I carry this in my pack pretty much all the time with either a small bottle of denat ETOH or fuel tablets. I tested it with a heat shield and it can boil a quart of water in about 7 minutes from room temp. This little guy and a space blanket could mean the difference between a miserable bivy, and a not so miserable one. It's really amazing the heat it puts out.

I used some old RC car nitromethane fuel once that burned great but it left a glob of synthetic lubricant in the stove...
    Mountaineer likes this.