Send us a suggestion!

How Strong is ?????

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Gear' started by ratagonia, May 20, 2018.

1. ratagonia

ratagonia

Bootboy, Rapterman and Chasetharp like this.
  2. Scott Patterson

Scott Patterson

That's very interesting, especially concerning the slings.

When it comes to nuts and cams though, I have never worried about the cable or cam breaking, but rather the device being forced out or slipping out of the crack on a fall. Thank goodness it has never happened to me, but that's the part I am worried about.

Anyway (and maybe Tom, you might know some of this), one thing I have always wondered is how water effects the breaking strength of slings, ropes, and harnesses. In canyoneering, we often rappel with wet harnesses, use wet slings, and wet ropes. I wonder how much difference there is in strength when comparing dry equipment with wet equipment? I have never worried about the integrity of equipment just because it is wet, but I do wonder how much difference there is in breaking strength.
  3. ratagonia

ratagonia

http://bfy.tw/IDuP
  4. Rapterman

Rapterman

Snark!
    and
    GREAT test article
    :D