Send us a suggestion!

HOODOO-SL Rappelling Device

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Gear' started by Canyon Monkey, Jul 16, 2018.

1. hank moon

hank moon lovely ligatures

@Canyon Monkey would you post a link to the Patent application (if available)? I love geeking out on the claims.
  2. ratagonia

ratagonia

Ah, I see. This was a popular-ish concept in USA canyoneering, though we tend to put the krab on our leg loop so it is a "leg loop 'biner". It has been pretty much replaced by using modern rappel devices.

Most USA'ers do not use a rappel extension, therefore the re-direct carabiner cannot be attached central on the harness (as shown in that interesting document) but needs to be further away, such as on the leg loop.

Tom
  3. Kuenn

Kuenn

Like the looks of the HooDoo device, even without first-hand knowledge it looks like it would certainly do the job. Stating the obvious (which has been stated), it's very CRITR-like, AND very noble/distinguished of Todd to compliment it.

Copy that.

This section caught my eye: Big Drops - longer than 150 - 200 m (492 - 656 ft)
    And, if you make it down alive, you should check yourself in to the nearest mental hospital.​
  4. Canyon Monkey

Canyon Monkey Useful Idiot

Sorry, I do not have this readily available. Maybe an USTPO application search may find it.