Send us a suggestion!

Hole in the Rock Road~Update

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by davewyo1, Oct 12, 2010.

1. davewyo1

davewyo1 Guest

When I drove by at 10:00 am the Hole in the Rock Road was still closed. On Saturday I drove through North Wash. The massive storm that went through the region looked to have hit the Henry Mountains and North wash this time at least. There were many signs that all washes and canyons in the area got flushed. There were many people canyoneering around North Wash so my report could very well be trumped by someone who actually did some canyons, but I would expect to find changes in most canyons. Additionally, I would think that anchors will be highly suspect if they are there at all.

The foliage season in North Wash is nearing its peak. The Paria River was flowing very muddy at about twice or three times what I have seen as "normal" flow for this time of year. The Sevier River is also flowing well. The Fremont River is flowing muddy but not extremely high as compared to "normal". There was a bit of fresh snow on the Henry Mountains as well as on Boulder Mountain. The foliage on Boulder Mountain is exceptional, with some brilliant orange and lemon-lime colored aspen groves.

Other than that, the weather in the desert since Friday has been wonderful with daytime high temps around the upper 70s or low 80s and NO wind to speak of. Night-time temps are in the low to mid 40s. The stars have been clear and crisp, but the crescent moon is growing... Antelope Squirrels are running all over the place. Bluebirds are plentiful.

Cheers, Dave
  2. gannon.frain

gannon.frain Guest

A giant group from SLC did east Leprechaun this weekend. Lots of potholes, if you're pliable you dont need to get wet until after the junction with main. 100' mandatory swim. No wet suits needed.

Morocco was full of water and all dead man anchors and webbing was trashed or washed out. Several wades, one or two short swims. No wet suits needed.

Stayed on paved roads, no info to relay there.

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "davewyo1" <davewyo1@...> wrote:
    When I drove by at 10:00 am the Hole in the Rock Road was still closed. > On Saturday I drove through North Wash. The massive storm that went through the region looked to have hit the Henry Mountains and North wash this time at least. There were many signs that all washes and canyons in the area got flushed. > There were many people canyoneering around North Wash so my report could very well be trumped by someone who actually did some canyons, but I would expect to find changes in most canyons. Additionally, I would think that anchors will be highly suspect if they are there at all.
    The foliage season in North Wash is nearing its peak. > The Paria River was flowing very muddy at about twice or three times what I have seen as "normal" flow for this time of year. > The Sevier River is also flowing well. > The Fremont River is flowing muddy but not extremely high as compared to "normal". > There was a bit of fresh snow on the Henry Mountains as well as on Boulder Mountain. The foliage on Boulder Mountain is exceptional, with some brilliant orange and lemon-lime colored aspen groves.
    Other than that, the weather in the desert since Friday has been wonderful with daytime high temps around the upper 70s or low 80s and NO wind to speak of. > Night-time temps are in the low to mid 40s. > The stars have been clear and crisp, but the crescent moon is growing... > Antelope Squirrels are running all over the place. > Bluebirds are plentiful.
    Cheers, > Dave >