Send us a suggestion!

Heaps condition report

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by jef levin, May 22, 2008.

1. jef levin

jef levin Guest

Hi Courtney, Thanks again for the ride. I don't believe we're missing anything... As of Tuesday, there is no flow in the first narrows of Heaps, although all the pots are full. There is a very light flow starting at the second narrows. The snow bridges that someone mentioned were there a couple weeks ago have fallen, but no great difficulty getting around them. Water of course was #$!&# cold, but I was pretty comfy in a rental drysuit with 3 layers of poly/pile underneath. Randi, hope the weather is good for your trip! It's gotten quite a bit cooler as of yesterday. - Jef

4d. Re: Lost article of clothing... Posted by: "Randi Poer" advntr_inxs@yahoo.com advntr_inxs Date: Mon May 19, 2008 8:12 pm ((PDT))

Reminds me of my webbing... Hmmm...I wonder what canyon they were doing? I think they're gonna be in Heaps tomorrow.

I won't be able to get a condition report from him before I go on Sat! I'm excited to finally do Heaps again, this time with lighter gear! Last time I went through, my pack was about as heavy as it was on our last hiking trip, and once water logged it didn't drain worth beans!
  2. Tom Jones

Tom Jones Guest

Thanks for the report, Jef.

Tom

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, jef levin <jeflevin@...> wrote:
    Hi Courtney, > Thanks again for the ride. I don't believe we're > missing anything... > As of Tuesday, there is no flow in the first narrows > of Heaps, although all the pots are full. There is a > very light flow starting at the second narrows. The > snow bridges that someone mentioned were there a > couple weeks ago have fallen, but no great difficulty > getting around them. Water of course was #$!&# cold, > but I was pretty comfy in a rental drysuit with 3 > layers of poly/pile underneath. > Randi, hope the weather is good for your trip! It's > gotten quite a bit cooler as of yesterday. > - Jef
    4d. Re: Lost article of clothing... > Posted by: "Randi Poer" advntr_inxs@... > advntr_inxs > Date: Mon May 19, 2008 8:12 pm ((PDT))
    Reminds me of my webbing... Hmmm...I wonder what > canyon they were doing? I think they're gonna be in > Heaps tomorrow.
    I won't be able to get a condition report from him > before I go on Sat! I'm excited to finally do Heaps > again, this time with lighter gear! Last time I went > through, my pack was about as heavy as it was on our > last hiking trip, and once water logged it didn't > drain worth beans! >