Send us a suggestion!

hanging bolt station in Englestead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by knott3d, Aug 25, 2018.

1. knott3d

knott3d

Anyone know the status of the bolts at the hanging station midway down 300 foot rappel in Englestead?

Solid?

Thanks!
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  2. Ali Miller

Ali Miller

Looked fresh and clean when I did it on 8/7. But, the ledge is certainly more than midway down.

A little ways down canyon, a section of extended webbing slung around a log could use a new quick link. We felt good enough to use it, but it's... got a few stories to tell.
  3. knott3d

knott3d

I am referring to the "hanging station" about 80-90' down the wall. Then about 200' to the big "ledge" 50' from the canyon floor. I think there is another couple bolts 20 or so feet up from that big "ledge" but I am not planning on using those.

I will be sure to replace that quicklink when I go through though!
    ratagonia likes this.
  4. Ali Miller

Ali Miller

In that case, I can't say -- didn't inspect the hanging station. I've actually never noticed it on my way down. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  5. knott3d

knott3d

Sounds good well thank you for the reply and info about the station further down the canyon though!
  6. Yellow Dart

Yellow Dart It's only hubris if I fail.

It has flooded several times since 8/7. Was in there yesterday, the webbing looked fresh'ish. It's a fine changing station, the exposure is fun. Webbing at all raps is good to go.

That said, the canyon is not in classic romp mode. It is crotch-wet immediately, and swims about halfway through; log soup, and tons of silty, sticky mud. Have done it ten-or-so times, this last one flat-out disappointed.

Edit: Just saw in a different thread your trip is in October. Englestead should be nice and dried up again by then. Enjoy!
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    ratagonia, knott3d and Ali Miller like this.
  7. knott3d

knott3d

Thanks a lot for the info!

Yea hoping by Oct it will be cleared up again!