Send us a suggestion!

Hades Knoll Canyon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scott Patterson, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Scott Patterson

Scott Patterson

Is Hades Knoll Canyon fairly beginner friendly? I mean the rappels and downclimbs themselves. Someone asked to come with us, but has only done some of the basic Zion Canyons (Birch, Mystery, and Pine).
  2. ratagonia

ratagonia

The technical canyon part - yeah, no problem. The hiking in the Grand Canyon part - THIS is the problem.

email me Scott. Just did it Oct 1. Can give you some notes.

Tom
  3. caboalta

caboalta

Did it with 4 kids ages 10-14 in late February a few years ago. Down Hades Knoll was great, had about 5 or 6 rappels and not 2 or 3 like expected. Very pretty at the bottom. Did not get down to river, would likely need to set a fixed rope and ascend to get back up. Going up Tuckup was long and tiring. Around 20 up climbs with big packs, this started to push the kids limits. Camped 2nd night by Shaman Panel. Make sure you get a permit. They monitor all cars going out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk