Send us a suggestion!

Grand Junction Nov 23rd and 24th

Discussion in 'Meet Up' started by yetigonecrazy1, Nov 15, 2019.

1. yetigonecrazy1

yetigonecrazy1

Going to be in the GJ area November 23rd and 24th- the weekend before Thanksgiving- and have a basic plan in place for two days of canyons. Looking for a few partners to fill out a team both days. Nothing too crazy or insane but maybe something new. Let me know if you are going to be around!
  2. John Styrnol

John Styrnol

I might be interested. What canyons are you planning on doing?
  3. yetigonecrazy1

yetigonecrazy1

One day I've got a couple of really small canyons in mind, looking more to add them to the pool of canyons, especially for beginners and off-season canyons, but the other day I'm looking at a couple of canyons kind of roughly southwest of GJ that have been catching my eye for a while. Still waiting to see how bad this weather event next week is going to be, the road I've been looking at for access might turn into a horrible mess with some rain. I have some family to visit in town so I think I'll head down no matter what, but what I do is kind of wait and see right now.
  4. yetigonecrazy1

yetigonecrazy1

So, based on the weather moving in, I don't think I am coming to Junction. One of the roads I was counting on using is at around 6700', and is likely a sloppy mess right now. We'll have to table these until the spring.
  5. John Styrnol

John Styrnol