Send us a suggestion!

GC slots over Memorial Day Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrAdam, Mar 1, 2013.

1. MrAdam

MrAdam

Hey all,

I am looking to plan a Grand Canyon trip over Memorial Day weekend. 3-4 days, multiple canyons, packrafting, we are down for whatever. We have already done Middle Arm of Deer Creek, Big Canyon, 29 mile and Garden Creek. Anybody out there have any suggestions on what we should do next?
  2. Ram

Ram

canyon 36.7 down to Eminence Break. Some shore walk for compliance with the 5 mile rule and a huge car shuttle, but man o man is it all good!

Isn't that middle Arm of Deer Creek top shelf or what! Love 29 mile too!
    lostlandscapes likes this.
  3. Chris Hood

Chris Hood

Dang-I was going to suggest that we discuss it over a drop into MARD, but I see that you've already done it!
  4. Dan Ransom

Dan Ransom Staff Member

I'd consider a Tuckup loop with Hades, Main Tuckup, and Rocky Point or Dome Pocket. But don't tell anyone I said that, since permits are competitive. And memorial day will be close to primetime...

Oh so good though.
    Paul Stevens likes this.
  5. Scott Patterson

Scott Patterson

That time of year, consider the possible heat and the exit. I'd choose something with a well watered exit, if possible. Otherwise, if you did do something like 36.7 Mile, get a very early morning start on the Eminence Break exit, for example.
  6. MrAdam

MrAdam

36.7 is high on the list of possibilities, especially after seeing the trip that Rich just did where he looped 36.7 and Tatahatso together and exited up stream at South Canyon. He mentioned there was a option to add 29 Mile into that mix also!

MARD was a 5 start canyon for sure! Just wish we would have been able to do the lower slot as well!