Send us a suggestion!

Found Helmet~Gravel Canyon

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by davewyo1, May 11, 2009.

1. davewyo1

davewyo1 Guest

Pen and I found a helmet in Gravel canyon which looks to be a rental or to belong to some Outdoor Program. It is labeled CSU-OEP-#X. The folks at CSU in Fort Collins say that it's probably not theirs. So, name the number, manufacturer and possibly color, and I'll be more than glad to send it along... Dave
  2. Jim Clery

Jim Clery Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "davewyo1" <davewyo1@...> wrote:
    Pen and I found a helmet in Gravel canyon which looks to be a rental or to belong to some Outdoor Program. It is labeled CSU-OEP-#X. The folks at CSU in Fort Collins say that it's probably not theirs. > So, name the number, manufacturer and possibly color, and I'll be more than glad to send it along... > Dave >

I saw that helmet on April 29th, was it still on the ledge where I left it? Before we got to the first rappel we passed two guys heading up canyon about 10 minutes apart, they were from an university group and said there group was on the rim above us and they were going back to get them. It was pretty odd and I don't know how they got so far in the canyon without their group but we assumed it was their helmet.
  3. davewyo1

davewyo1 Guest

Yep, right there on the ledge. The mystery thickens, I guess. Thanks for replying. Are you the same who gave a Gravel Canyon conditions report on Bogley a couple of weeks ago? If so, I thought it could maybe be yours, and thank you for the report...it helped us to decide to go through with Farmer John wetsuits. Dave

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "Jim Clery" <jdclery@...> wrote:
    --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "davewyo1" <davewyo1@> wrote:

Pen and I found a helmet in Gravel canyon which looks to be a rental or to belong to some Outdoor Program. It is labeled CSU-OEP-#X. The folks at CSU in Fort Collins say that it's probably not theirs.
    So, name the number, manufacturer and possibly color, and I'll be more than glad to send it along...
    Dave

I saw that helmet on April 29th, was it still on the ledge where I left it? Before we got to the first rappel we passed two guys heading up canyon about 10 minutes apart, they were from an university group and said there group was on the rim above us and they were going back to get them. It was pretty odd and I don't know how they got so far in the canyon without their group but we assumed it was their helmet. >