Send us a suggestion!

Final 6th spot available for West Canyon + Face & Labyrinth

Discussion in 'Meet Up' started by RossK, Jul 13, 2018 at 4:43 PM.

1. RossK

RossK

I'm afraid this will be hiking only as we won't have time to canyoneer as we will only be in each canyon for one day, but we have a reservation for 6 people Aug 21, 22, 23 to see West, Face and Labyrinth on Lake Powell and only 5 of us are going if anyone fancies the last spot.

The cost is only $168 per person and that includes the gas and tax. It covers a water taxi from Antelope Point to Face on 21st with 3 two-man kayaks included to see Face that day. Later afternoon a water taxi takes us to West to camp and hike it the 22nd as far as we can get (won't make whole way, perhaps 1/3), late afternoon a taxi takes us to Labyrinth with the kayaks to camp and see it the 23rd before at the end of the day a taxi takes us back to Antelope.

This option with the free kayaks worked out much cheaper than renting a boat. Obviously this is entirely weather-dependent, also depends on canyon mouth conditions e.g. if there's debris. If rain is expected we won't go in slots, (although the wider lower part of West - which has quite a lot of higher ground - should be ok) so we will have to do something else on the lake that's not risky. If interested best to email me so I see the answer quickly rosskaniuk (at) hotmail.com

Five photos to try and entice you taken on my last visit.

fullsizeoutput_403imp.

fullsizeoutput_409imp.

P1010357imp2. .

P1010241imp2.

P1010237imp.
    hank moon likes this.