Send us a suggestion!

Drill Hole Canyon? Out of Kelsey’s book

Discussion in 'Utah' started by wisconnyjohnny, Sep 14, 2018.

1. wisconnyjohnny

wisconnyjohnny

Saw this canyon in my buddies book as I was orientating him with Red breaks TH on site at the drill hole. A year or two ago while out wandering by red breaks I found myself in the wrong drainage and this week realized I was heading into drill hole. Can’t find anything on it. Like if it’s pretty or has pucker factor!
    Lemme know.
    Thanks.
    I’m new
  2. wisconnyjohnny

wisconnyjohnny

Hi Johnny. This is the canyon you are talking bout’
    Yeah haven’t found any info on it so it must be lame. DC0B22AE-AA41-4402-96F2-69F2DEED9D47.
  3. wisconnyjohnny

wisconnyjohnny

DRILL HOLE ANYONE? Bump
  4. Mike

Mike epic blarneys

Hey Johnny,

I did this thing once years ago. I was solo in-between trips. The only thing significant that I remember was that Kelsey recommended a hook for one or two short raps. I found (possibly difficult) downclimb options instead. Otherwise, a sandtrap would likely work well. The first 4-5 pictures in this album are from Drill Hole: https://photos.app.goo.gl/duxPwMHNZNqg48658

Oh and beauty-wise, for the area I'd give it a 2 out of 5.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    Ram, wisconnyjohnny, Bill and 2 others like this.
  5. Bill

Bill ... Staff Member

Bosco, Ram and Mike like this.
  6. Jason Linder

Jason Linder

There is one of those posted a ways beyond the top of the waterfall at Upper Calf Creek. I have a canvas of this picture hanging in my bathroom. My wife is not amused. Microsoft Paint FTW.
    Bosco and wisconnyjohnny like this.
  7. wisconnyjohnny

wisconnyjohnny

really appreciate it. i figured it wasn't the best but i'm needing to remove it from my list. so it has to be done. also i just bet i won't see anyone else. again Thank you!
    Mike likes this.
  8. Canyonero

Canyonero

Many of the best canyons on the Colorado Plateau are not published in order to preserve the opportunity for YOU to have an exploration experience. Don't assume something sucks because it hasn't been put in a book or on a website.