Send us a suggestion!

Did somthing happen to boot boy?

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Gear' started by NorthBound, May 20, 2019.

1. NorthBound

NorthBound

Or is Atwoodgear just ignoring their paying customer emails?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Chris Grove likes this.
  2. NevadaSlots

NevadaSlots

I second this, placed an order yeah more than “several weeks” ago.
    NorthBound likes this.
  3. NorthBound

NorthBound

My order is almost a month now, and 6 days no email response...
    A little frustrated.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
    NevadaSlots and Kenmoto like this.
  4. Ram

Ram

He is out on an extended trip doing canyons. Over three weeks in the field. We should all be so lucky. I am sure you will hear from him before the end of the month
  5. Kenmoto

Kenmoto

Maybe a short message on the website stating that they would not be able to fulfill order during this period may have avoided all the frustration? C'MON MAN!
    NorthBound and hank moon like this.
  6. GravityWins

GravityWins

The delays are far longer than the few weeks specified on the website. I made one small order to try out some of his gear and the turn around time was months... I didn't air my frustrations publicly because I understand he is just starting his business, and I didn't really need a quick turnaround. FYI I only got updates when I emailed. After one email round, I got a tracking number, it took almost a month for the package associated with the tracking number to be delivered to the shipper. If you need something urgently then deal with an established vendor who has customer satisfaction and communication as a core competency.

FWIW My last order from Imlay I didn't know if Tom was canyoneering or working, because I got email updates from Shirlz.....
    darhawk, NorthBound and Sandstoned like this.
  7. Evan Christensen

Evan Christensen Evan C

I placed an order Feb 3 and still not shipped. I emailed him a couple of weeks ago and he said he was working to get all the orders shipped in the next week or two. ??
    NorthBound likes this.
  8. Evan Christensen

Evan Christensen Evan C

9. Scott Byington

Scott Byington

I'm hoping is out punching his canyon bucket list...
    I've purchased a number of items from him, although not always timely; I've been very happy with the gear.
    Bootboy, Ram and Evan Christensen like this.
  10. Yellow Dart

Yellow Dart It's only hubris if I fail.

Yeah what a dick, right?

Kidding.

Probably best to keep in mind this is his side-hustle. I know I was never timely with any of my startups, as I was still fully employed elsewhere.

Growing pains... :thumbsup:
  11. Canyonero

Canyonero

You have to sign-up for Atwood Prime.

Seriously though, it's all pretty much custom designed, hand-built gear made one piece at a time. It's best if you allow for plenty of time and let him know when you really need it by. Don't expect to get rush orders done in April, May, September, and October. He's out canyoneering, I mean field testing, just like you.

I've been using the gear for years and I order it MONTHS before I need it. If you don't like it, good luck trying to find what you need on Amazon. You'll get gear faster from Tom, but it's not the same gear.

But that's where I get my favorite rope, rope bags, toggles, throw bags, sandtraps, and water pockets. If only I get him to start making boots and packs to the same caliber.
    Jenny, Bootboy and Ram like this.
  12. Bootboy

Bootboy Atwood Gear

Hi everyone.

Firstly, let me thank everyone for their patronage and patience with me as I try to keep things organized and running on my end.

Secondly, please accept my apologies for the prolonged wait for some of you. Organization is not my most pronounced quality. I’m also sorry for the lack of communication with some of you, my inbox has been a disaster zone.

In addition to travel this spring (which I have had to greatly reduce compared to years past), my personal life has been somewhat of a roller coaster. I had sewing help last year but I am now back
    to running a one man show. Things are settling down and I hope to be able to get back to a more regular schedule of keeping up on sewing projects. I’ve had to let many products run out of stock on the website to keep my backlog at a minimum.

Through this coming year I hope to be able to make some meaningful changes in terms of growth for the business - keeping more items actually in stock and not have to do so much made-to-order fulfillment. My immediate goal is to reduce wait times on new orders more than to increase sales and production, though that is the next step.

I realize that satisfied customers are more likely to be return customers.

New and updated products are also in the works as soon as I get the sewing time freed up for development.

Many of you may have gotten shipping notices over the last 2 days. I’ve dropped off or will dropping off over a dozen packages by tomorrow. Your gear IS coming.

Thanks for your interest in my products and for your continued patience as I struggle through the growing pains of getting a small business off the ground.

Also, to those of you who have shared your praise of my products, thank you for your kind words. My goal is to hear those words from every person who uses my products. That to me is the ultimate goal, to bring you best gear possible to help you experience canyons in a way that maximizes your experience and minimizes your impact.

Regards,

Taylor
  13. Mountaineer

Mountaineer Is that an X slot?

Still using the gear I have from you, I think the pull cord bag is now 3 years old? And still holding up and going strong... ;-)
    Jenny and Bootboy like this.
  14. Evan Christensen

Evan Christensen Evan C

Keep up the good work. Your products are worth waiting for.
    Thanks,
    Evan
    Bootboy and Jenny like this.
  15. NevadaSlots

NevadaSlots

Is Atwood gear out of Brookfield Ohio? USPS tells me that’s where the goods are coming from, sounds kinda off to me.
  16. Bootboy

Bootboy Atwood Gear

No. We are based in Ogden, UT.

We have no relation to Atwood Rope Manufacturing which is based in Ohio.