Send us a suggestion!

Davis Gulch Slot Recently? Looking for beta

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by TheDude, Mar 26, 2017.

1. TheDude

TheDude

Hi,

It was suggested to me that I reach out to this group for some potential up-to-date beta.

Has anyone been in Davis Gulch recently? I'm heading down there in 2 weeks to hit the slot, then packraft up to fiftymile. Is there any swimming in Davis right now? I'm trying to decide if I need to take a wet or dry suit this time of year into that canyon.

Any additional beta on this slot is helpful. I've been utilizing the web and Kelsey's book for beta thus far.

Thanks for any info!

-Ryan
  2. ratagonia

ratagonia

3. TheDude

TheDude

We plan on doing the slot, yes. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and some beta... and that funny anecdote. I can't imagine not wearing one

What are your thoughts on a dry suit in there? I'm debating whether or not I want to carry the weight for the next day or two after I'm done with it.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  4. TheDude

TheDude

Ah, I see one is recommended after poking around a bit on your site - thanks
  5. Tom Collins

Tom Collins

Escalante just got snow last night, it had started melting by noon, but expect cold and wet.