Send us a suggestion!

Das Boot Beta needed, ACA Rendezvous

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by Mike Dege, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Mike Dege

Mike Dege Guest

Has anyone been down Das Boot recently ? I've never done it before and am agonizing on wetsuit/drysuit selection for a trip in a few days. I've got a 4/3 full from Tom, with a neoprene beanie, or I can drag my expensive GoreTex kayaking dry suit out if need be. The dry suit has no kneepads/elbow pads but I do have a scuttle butt.

If someone has been down recently, how much water is there, how much swimming? If I do go drysuit, am I going to have to get kneepads/elbowpads as the place is a shredder or can I get away with being careful and carrying duct tape?
  2. Dan Ransom

Dan Ransom Guest

We were in Zion over the weekend, and I used a 4/3, and was fine. Das Boot isn't very long, I'd imagine you'd be fine with that. I wasn't on the West side though.

Also, I think that Subway might be closed right now, for a prescribed burn? Maybe, maybe not? Worth checking.

- D

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "Mike Dege" <mike@...> wrote:
    Has anyone been down Das Boot recently ? I've never done it before and > am agonizing on wetsuit/drysuit selection for a trip in a few days. > I've got a 4/3 full from Tom, with a neoprene beanie, or I can drag my > expensive GoreTex kayaking dry suit out if need be. The dry suit has > no kneepads/elbow pads but I do have a scuttle butt.
    If someone has been down recently, how much water is there, how much > swimming? If I do go drysuit, am I going to have to get > kneepads/elbowpads as the place is a shredder or can I get away with > being careful and carrying duct tape? >
  3. Mike,

Dan's got the beta so your 4/3 looks good.

The prescribed burn has been cancelled Monday and Tuesday and we hope that will also happen Wed-Fri as there are a whole bunch of people going that way. Keep your fingers crossed that the humidity will stay high.

bruce

To: canyons@yahoogroups.comFrom: mike@lizardranch.comDate: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 00:03:22 &#43;0000Subject: [from Canyons Group] Das Boot Beta needed, ACA Rendezvous

Has anyone been down Das Boot recently ? I've never done it before and am agonizing on wetsuit/drysuit selection for a trip in a few days. I've got a 4/3 full from Tom, with a neoprene beanie, or I can drag my expensive GoreTex kayaking dry suit out if need be. The dry suit has no kneepads/elbow pads but I do have a scuttle butt. If someone has been down recently, how much water is there, how much swimming? If I do go drysuit, am I going to have to get kneepads/elbowpads as the place is a shredder or can I get away with being careful and carrying duct tape?

_______________ Climb to the top of the charts!  Play Star Shuffle:  the word scramble challenge with star power. http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_oct