Send us a suggestion!

Costa Rica

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by kesscokim, Dec 15, 2003.

1. kesscokim

kesscokim Guest

Since I don't have any work available until April; after late-January I'll be heading to Costa Rica for the rest of the winter. Anyone who may want to join me for part of the time is welcome to. I'll have a wife and child along for much of the time so it will be more easy hiking than difficult climbs. I'll be looking for some partners too for a few difficult day hikes (not many). Airfare is about $566 from Salt Lake or $466 from Denver. We'll be climbing Chirripo in early Feb (4 days). It's a great hike with lots of wildlife (monkeys, etc.) if anyone is interested. We have many other hikes planned as well. I would aslo like to do some caving if possible.
  2. Koen

Koen Guest

3. Thanks. I would be interested in canyoneering too; only I don't want to haul all my gear down there and around for a few months. Maybe there's a place to rent it.

Koen pocoloco@skynet.be> wrote:, > etc.) if anyone is interested. We have many other hikes planned as > well. I would aslo like to do some caving if possible.

Some interesting canyon activity as well :)

http://www.chefpatrick.com/htm/canyoning.htm

Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

When you post, please change the Subject appropriately, to make reading and searching easier. You can use the following abbreviations: TRIP = Trip Report; BETA = Canyon Beta; PARTNER = Partner and/or Rides; ETHICS = Ethics; TECH = Technical Questions and Tips; BIZ = E Group Business; SALE = Stuff for Sale. Please use a Tilde ~ after the abbreviation, so we know you are coding for us, such as:

Subject: BIZ~ New Abbreviation List - working?

Bombastic Bolt Debates are allowed to only a limited extent. Folks should go to the Canyoneer Group for a truly un-moderated forum. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyoneer

To change your delivery options, go to the Canyons Egroup page on yahoo: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/

This will require logging into Yahoo. Click on the "Edit My Membership" link, and change your delivery option. Press "Save Changes".

WEB ONLY OPTION will not deliver email; you must visit the web site to view messages.

Your use of Groups is subject to the Terms of Service.

New Photos - easier uploading and sharing
  4. beadysee

beadysee Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "kesscokim" <kesscokim@y...> wrote: > We'll be climbing Chirripo in early > Feb (4 days). It's a great hike with lots of wildlife (monkeys, > etc.) if anyone is interested. We have many other hikes planned as > well. I would aslo like to do some caving if possible.

Chirripo Grande is a nice overnighter...neat trail going thru a variety of zones...from jungle to alpine tundra. Really neat gig. Nice, quiet huts up there to lodge in, as well.

Cool hot springs neaby too. Watch out for the agressive ants, though...

Sounds like fun!

-Brian in SLC
  5. Does anyone have any information on how to get a permit for the hike? My information says you must book it in advance, but it doesn't say where.

beadysee beadysee@yahoo.com> wrote:-Chirripo Grande is a nice overnighter...neat trail going thru a variety of zones...from jungle to alpine tundra. Really neat gig. Nice, quiet huts up there to lodge in, as well.

Cool hot springs neaby too. Watch out for the agressive ants, though...

Sounds like fun!

-Brian in SLC

Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

When you post, please change the Subject appropriately, to make reading and searching easier. You can use the following abbreviations: TRIP = Trip Report; BETA = Canyon Beta; PARTNER = Partner and/or Rides; ETHICS = Ethics; TECH = Technical Questions and Tips; BIZ = E Group Business; SALE = Stuff for Sale. Please use a Tilde ~ after the abbreviation, so we know you are coding for us, such as:

Subject: BIZ~ New Abbreviation List - working?

Bombastic Bolt Debates are allowed to only a limited extent. Folks should go to the Canyoneer Group for a truly un-moderated forum. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyoneer

To change your delivery options, go to the Canyons Egroup page on yahoo: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/

This will require logging into Yahoo. Click on the &amp;amp;quot;Edit My Membership&amp;amp;quot; link, and change your delivery option. Press &amp;amp;quot;Save Changes&amp;amp;quot;.

WEB ONLY OPTION will not deliver email; you must visit the web site to view messages.

Your use of Groups is subject to the Terms of Service.

New Photos - easier uploading and sharing
  6. Koen

Koen Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, scott patterson <kesscokim@y...> wrote: > Thanks. I would be interested in canyoneering too; only I don't want to haul all my gear down there and around for a few months. Maybe there's a place to rent it. >

Go to google and type "costa rica;canyoning" and you get a whole bunch of hits, some of those guiding offices are bound to rent out gear - normally you should be able to rent everything apart from ropes.

Which brings up an interesting topic: in European countries more and more laws are being drawn up against the renting out of PPD's like ropes, belts, descenders and carabiners - everything used for personal protection should be owned by its user, not rented. Is this an issue in the US ?

Koen
  7. Several places still rent climbing harnesses and shoes around here. I don't know about ropes; Zion Adventure in Springdale used to rent ropes, but IIRC they stopped that a year or two ago.

I've never heard of anybody renting carabiners or descenders.

-- Walt

"Koen" pocoloco@skynet.be> wrote:

> Which brings up an interesting topic: in European countries > more and more laws are being drawn up against the renting out > of PPD's like ropes, belts, descenders and carabiners - > everything used for personal protection should be owned by its > user, not rented. > Is this an issue in the US ? ------- "If this is comfortable for you, you aren't pushing yourself hard enough." - Lonnie Burton "I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big." - Donald Trump
  8. David Marcus

David Marcus Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "beadysee" <beadysee@y...> wrote:

> Cool hot springs nearby too.

That's all well and good, but are there any hot cool springs? (Sorry; I've spent too much time, like, you know, like, listening to teenagers)