Send us a suggestion!

Corona Arch

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by HARVEY HALPERN, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Corona Arch is NOT owned by the BLM. It's owned by every American citizen, and is administered by the BLM. There's a big difference there. You can guess what I think of the morons who bolt it...

2. phil

phil Guest

Please read through the entire thread carefully, I corrected myself. Tom and you both seem sensitive about that idea. I understand language is important but we often use "own" interchangeably with "manage" on such a colloquial board. We aren't in a legal setting here and I operate under the assumption that most folks know public land is owned by the citizens.

Are you against all such use on all public land or just wilderness/WSA? Haven't taken the time to look up the status of land around Corona. I would't want the burden of being the gate keeper if such a strict interpretation was to be enforced (i.e. all land). I have never heard someone articulate such a zero-tolerance policy.

Phillip

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, HARVEY HALPERN <hhalpern1@...> wrote:
    Corona Arch is NOT owned by the BLM. It's owned by every American citizen, and is administered by the BLM. There's a big difference there. You can guess what I think of the morons who bolt it.
    >