Send us a suggestion!

News Corona Arch rope swinging to be banned?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ram, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Ram

Ram

2. Mountaineer

Mountaineer Is that an X slot?

Ugh, yes. A prime example of exactly that.

I believe there was mention of a study, then perhaps regulation in a couple of years. We should all look for opportunity to comment and suggest options.
  3. Jolly Green

Jolly Green

Just hiked this yesterday and loved it. Honestly I was hoping to see a group arch swinging but did not. Im surprised that many people complain. I suppose if I was taking pics for a calendar maybe. You could see the webbing on top of the arch though. Probably only obvious if you know its there.
  4. Taylor

Taylor

Disappointing that you could see webbing. After finishing the jump, swing or rap, there should be nothing left behind except the bolts and chains which are not visible from below.
  5. hank moon

hank moon kinetically bulbous

Poor swingers ain't got no CARS*. :)
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  6. Austin Baird

Austin Baird

Man - those douchey arch-swingers are the absolute worst. Ruining the wilderness experience out there for everyone who braves the mile hike from the super-popular trailhead that was already always packed with scouts and youth groups. And in MOAB of all places!! I mean, it's not like Moab sells itself as a place for people to go BASE jumping and cliff jumping and whatnot.

If you really want to hate on the video, you'll have better luck at Mountain Project. They hate us over there.