Send us a suggestion!

1. Its hard to feel real sorry for those folks in San Juan county. These guys, as has been made clear in the news stories, have been doing pot hunting for years, many of them have been caught at it multiple times (including the Redds) and they have shown that they don't give much of a shit about the archaeology or the law. They were digging this stuff to sell for God's sake! I don't think the "its a quaint local custom and we should look the other way" position washes at all in this case. If the feds decide to enforce the law (which is admittedly pretty rare in canyon country) I think that's cool. SCP **************Download the AOL Classifieds Toolbar for local deals at your fingertips. (http://toolbar.aol.com/aolclassifieds/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000004)
  2. gajslk

gajslk Guest

Now why is it that the least compassionate, least tolerant, most hate-filled people I know are all dedicated environmentalists? I am quite serious. I don't understand. It makes no sense to me.

Gordon

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, HARVEY HALPERN <hhalpern1@...> wrote:
    Great to see "pot hunters" caught. Now if they only had the death penalty for these crimes then those scum would get what they really deserve. >
  3. adkramoo

adkramoo Guest

Hey buddy! Where ya gettin off! I'll come down there and kick......oops, never mind. ;-) Nah, not my experience. Some passion and hyperbole at times, but as a rule, gentle, good humored folks. BUT DON"T F......oops, never mind! R

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "gajslk" <gajslk@...> wrote:
    Now why is it that the least compassionate, least tolerant, most hate-filled people I know are all dedicated environmentalists? I am quite serious. I don't understand. It makes no sense to me.
    Gordon
    --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, HARVEY HALPERN <hhalpern1@> wrote:

Great to see "pot hunters" caught. Now if they only had the death penalty for these crimes then those scum would get what they really deserve.
    >
  4. First off let me be very clear.  They broke the law and they need to be prosecuted, and if found guilty serve jail time for sure.  I am 100 % in favor of that, but execution for selling some artifacts I just can't get there.  As for the statement below that they were digging this stuff to sell for god's sake.  Well that's just an idiotic statement, I don't believe anything else can be said about that statement!                                                           Spidey        Steven Jackson

--- On Fri, 6/12/09, stephencpace@alum.mit.edu stephencpace@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

From: stephencpace@alum.mit.edu stephencpace@alum.mit.edu> Subject: Re: [from Canyons Group] Re: Compassion To: Yahoo Canyons Group Date: Friday, June 12, 2009, 8:04 AM

Its hard to feel real sorry for those folks in San Juan county. These

guys, as has been made clear in the news stories, have been doing pot hunting

for years, many of them have been caught at it multiple times (including

the Redds) and they have shown that they don't give much of a shit about the

archaeology or the law. They were digging this stuff to sell for God's

sake! I don't think the "its a quaint local custom and we should look the

other way" position washes at all in this case. If the feds decide to enforce

the law (which is admittedly pretty rare in canyon country) I think that's

cool.

SCP

************ **Download the AOL Classifieds Toolbar for local deals at your

fingertips.

(http://toolbar. aol.com/aolclass ifieds/download. html?ncid= emlcntusdown0000 0004)
  5. davewyo1

davewyo1 Guest

I think that what Steve meant was an exclamation..."For God's Sake! not that the residents of San Juan County were selling the artifacts for God. Watch out for internet misunderstandings... :) Dave

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, Steven Jackson <stjalliance@...> wrote:
    First off let me be very clear.  They broke the law and they need to be prosecuted, and if found guilty serve jail time for sure.  I am 100 % in favor of that, but execution for selling some artifacts I just can't get there.  As for the statement below that they were digging this stuff to sell for god's sake.  Well that's just an idiotic statement, I don't believe anything else can be said about that statement! >                                                           Spidey        Steven Jackson
    --- On Fri, 6/12/09, stephencpace@... <stephencpace@...> wrote:
    Subject: Re: [from Canyons Group] Re: Compassion > To: Yahoo Canyons Group
    Date: Friday, June 12, 2009, 8:04 AM

Its hard to feel real sorry for those folks in San Juan county. These
    guys, as has been made clear in the news stories, have been doing pot hunting
    for years, many of them have been caught at it multiple times (including
    the Redds) and they have shown that they don't give much of a shit about the
    archaeology or the law. They were digging this stuff to sell for God's
    sake! I don't think the "its a quaint local custom and we should look the
    other way" position washes at all in this case. If the feds decide to enforce
    the law (which is admittedly pretty rare in canyon country) I think that's
    cool.
    SCP
    ************ **Download the AOL Classifieds Toolbar for local deals at your
    fingertips.
    (http://toolbar. aol.com/aolclass ifieds/download. html?ncid= emlcntusdown0000 0004)

>
  6. gajslk

gajslk Guest

LOL. I'm not claiming that all tree huggers are jerks, nor am I claiming that all jerks are tree huggers, but I've noticed that an awful high percentage of ardent enviros don't seem to have any compassion for strangers.

Hey - some of my best friends are tree huggers!

Gordon

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "adkramoo" <adkramoo@...> wrote:
    Hey buddy! Where ya gettin off! I'll come down there and kick......oops, never mind. ;-) > Nah, not my experience. Some passion and hyperbole at times, but as a rule, gentle, good humored folks. BUT DON"T F......oops, never mind! > R
    --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "gajslk" <gajslk@> wrote:

Gordon

Great to see "pot hunters" caught. Now if they only had the death penalty for these crimes then those scum would get what they really deserve.
  7. gajslk

gajslk Guest

I agree, but do you think that they deserve capital punishment?

Gordon

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, stephencpace@... wrote:
    Its hard to feel real sorry for those folks in San Juan county. These > guys, as has been made clear in the news stories, have been doing pot hunting > for years, many of them have been caught at it multiple times (including > the Redds) and they have shown that they don't give much of a shit about the > archaeology or the law. They were digging this stuff to sell for God's > sake! I don't think the "its a quaint local custom and we should look the > other way" position washes at all in this case. If the feds decide to enforce > the law (which is admittedly pretty rare in canyon country) I think that's > cool. > SCP > **************Download the AOL Classifieds Toolbar for local deals at your > fingertips. > (http://toolbar.aol.com/aolclassifieds/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000004)
    > >
  8. adkramoo

adkramoo Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "gajslk" <gajslk@...> wrote: > LOL. I'm not claiming that all tree huggers are jerks, nor am I claiming that all jerks are tree huggers, but I've noticed that an awful high percentage of ardent enviros don't seem to have any compassion for strangers. > Hey - some of my best friends are tree huggers! > Gordon

Sooooo, a high percentage of your best friends are tree hugging jerks? ;-) I have heard that you can tell a lot about a person by who they hang around with!! Unless of course these are just token best friend tree hugging jerks???? Kidding aside..They seem to be the same kind of jerks you see everywhere. ;-) So no more knee jerk, judgmental crap or I'll call the thought police on ya!!! And don't make me hit you!!! Ramoo, an enviro fruitcake with anger issues.....;-)

> --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "adkramoo" <adkramoo@> wrote:

Hey buddy! Where ya gettin off! I'll come down there and kick......oops, never mind. ;-)
    Nah, not my experience. Some passion and hyperbole at times, but as a rule, gentle, good humored folks. BUT DON"T F......oops, never mind!
    R

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "gajslk" <gajslk@> wrote:

Gordon

9. You're right Dave after re reading his post I realize I misunderstood the statement.  It appears that it is just an exclamation.  Sorry my bad.                                                                                Spidey

--- On Fri, 6/12/09, davewyo1 davewyo1@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: davewyo1 davewyo1@yahoo.com> Subject: [from Canyons Group] Re: Compassion To: Yahoo Canyons Group Date: Friday, June 12, 2009, 11:21 AM

I think that what Steve meant was an exclamation. .."For God's Sake! not that the residents of San Juan County were selling the artifacts for God.

Watch out for internet misunderstandings. ..

:)

Dave

--- In canyons@yahoogroups .com, Steven Jackson <stjalliance@ ...> wrote:

>

> First off let me be very clear.  They broke the law and they need to be prosecuted, and if found guilty serve jail time for sure.  I am 100 % in favor of that, but execution for selling some artifacts I just can't get there.  As for the statement below that they were digging this stuff to sell for god's sake.  Well that's just an idiotic statement, I don't believe anything else can be said about that statement!

>                                                           Spidey        Steven Jackson

>

> --- On Fri, 6/12/09, stephencpace@ ... <stephencpace@ ...> wrote:

>

> From: stephencpace@ ... <stephencpace@ ...>

> Subject: Re: [from Canyons Group] Re: Compassion

> To: canyons@yahoogroups .com

> Date: Friday, June 12, 2009, 8:04 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Its hard to feel real sorry for those folks in San Juan county. These

>

> guys, as has been made clear in the news stories, have been doing pot hunting

>

> for years, many of them have been caught at it multiple times (including

>

> the Redds) and they have shown that they don't give much of a shit about the

>

> archaeology or the law. They were digging this stuff to sell for God's

>

> sake! I don't think the "its a quaint local custom and we should look the

>

> other way" position washes at all in this case. If the feds decide to enforce

>

> the law (which is admittedly pretty rare in canyon country) I think that's

>

> cool.

>

> SCP

>

> ************ **Download the AOL Classifieds Toolbar for local deals at your

>

> fingertips.

>

> (http://toolbar. aol.com/aolclass ifieds/download. html?ncid= emlcntusdown0000 0004)

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>
  10. Why don't you tell us Gordon?

gajslk wrote:

Now why is it that the least compassionate, least tolerant, most > hate-filled people I know are all dedicated environmentalists? I am > quite serious. I don't understand. It makes no sense to me.
    Gordon
    --- In Yahoo Canyons Group <mailto:canyons%40yahoogroups.com>, > HARVEY HALPERN <hhalpern1@...> wrote: >
    > Great to see "pot hunters" caught. Now if they only had the death > penalty for these crimes then those scum would get what they really deserve. >
    >

--

Watch what you ask for...and be VERY specific

www.cytafex.com

web site of fine Photography
  11. adkramoo

adkramoo Guest

A face and a bit of story. Real people.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_12577851

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, Larry Lorusso <larry@...> wrote:
    Why don't you tell us Gordon?
    gajslk wrote:

Now why is it that the least compassionate, least tolerant, most
    hate-filled people I know are all dedicated environmentalists? I am
    quite serious. I don't understand. It makes no sense to me.

Gordon

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group <mailto:canyons%40yahoogroups.com>,
    HARVEY HALPERN <hhalpern1@> wrote:

> > Great to see "pot hunters" caught. Now if they only had the death
    penalty for these crimes then those scum would get what they really deserve.

> --
    > Watch what you ask for...and be VERY specific
    www.cytafex.com
    web site of fine Photography >
  12. You paint with broad strokes. Much of the diatribe that gets press or become talking points (environmental, political, religious) comes from the extreme end of a given perspective. There IS middle ground, and rational, fair, and well crafted thoughts are being made. Unfortunately those that feel righteous enough to attack every point in blog, forum, newspaper, etc (often with a hatred filled tone) are often mis-representing the larger group that they claim to represent or you make the assumption they are a part of of. A myopic vision of the world does no one any favors other than the ones that claim those views. By drawing the conclusion that you have Gordon, you empower their arguments and effort.

Brian

13. gajslk

gajslk Guest

I agree with much of what you say, however, I'm not talking about what the news media reports. Everything they tell us is wrong, in detail, by omission, or bias, or simply by the desire to sensationalize everything so that they can sell more commercials. Take the case that started the whole thread. Blown out of proportion by both the Feds and the media.

I'm talking about real people, that I know personally. I know quite a few that actually believe that Bush is evil. Really evil. Not just the normal disgust that most folks feel about him being the usual politician where lying, stealing, and favor-trading are SOP. I honestly think that if he was in the electric chair and they controlled the button, that a couple of them would push it. Actually kill him. It's scary.

I have never heard any of my tree-cutting friends ever express hatred like that against any politician of either party. None. Ever. Disgust, disdain, mockery, contempt, sadness, but not hatred. It's really weird.

Anyway, we're so far off topic that I think we should either drop it or move it to a different forum. I'm done here.

Gordon

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, Brian Frankle <bdf37@...> wrote:
    You paint with broad strokes. Much of the diatribe that gets press or become talking points (environmental, political, religious) comes from the extreme end of a given perspective. There IS middle ground, and rational, fair, and well crafted thoughts are being made. Unfortunately those that feel righteous enough to attack every point in blog, forum, newspaper, etc (often with a hatred filled tone) are often mis-representing the larger group that they claim to represent or you make the assumption they are a part of of. A myopic vision of the world does no one any favors other than the ones that claim those views. By drawing the conclusion that you have Gordon, you empower their arguments and effort.
    Brian

> >