Send us a suggestion!

Compassion (now How would you feel?)

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by scott patterson, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Yes, I have to agree with the below.   Most of this (other than arrowheads, matates, etc.) is found in the midden heaps, where bodies are also buried.

It sounds like several people want to make this an issue of big government picking on the small town folk, but for those that don't think that this is that serious, think of it this way.

How would you (meaning anyone in this group) feel if someone went out and dug up your dead parent, grandparent, daughter or whoever and busted open their coffins and stole their wedding rings, stripped them of their clothing, etc. and went out and sold them? I think the outcry would be huge if the shoe was on the other foot and someone went out and dug up the cemetary the Blanding (or any other town) or something similar.   """Its hard to feel real sorry for those folks in San Juan county.  These  guys, as has been made clear in the news stories, have been doing pot  hunting for years, many of them have been caught at it multiple times (including  the Redds) and they have shown that they don't give much of a shit about the  archaeology or the law.  They were digging this stuff to sell for God's  sake!  I don't think the "its a quaint local custom and we should look the  other way" position washes at all in this case.  If the feds decide to  enforce the law (which is admittedly pretty rare in canyon country) I think  that's cool""".

2. gajslk

gajslk Guest

I agree with both of you. In no way am I defending these turds. I'd like to see them serve some hard time.

Gordon

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, scott patterson <kesscokim@...> wrote:
    Yes, I have to agree with the below. >   > Most of this (other than arrowheads, matates, etc.) is found in the midden heaps, where bodies are also buried.
    It sounds like several people want to make this an issue of big government picking on the small town folk, but for those that don't think that this is that serious, think of it this way.
    How would you (meaning anyone in this group) feel if someone went out and dug up your dead parent, grandparent, daughter or whoever and busted open their coffins and stole their wedding rings, stripped them of their clothing, etc. and went out and sold them? I think the outcry would be huge if the shoe was on the other foot and someone went out and dug up the cemetary the Blanding (or any other town) or something similar. >   > """Its hard to feel real sorry for those folks in San Juan county.  These  > guys, as has been made clear in the news stories, have been doing pot  hunting > for years, many of them have been caught at it multiple times (including  > the Redds) and they have shown that they don't give much of a shit about the  > archaeology or the law.  They were digging this stuff to sell for God's  > sake!  I don't think the "its a quaint local custom and we should look the  > other way" position washes at all in this case.  If the feds decide to  enforce > the law (which is admittedly pretty rare in canyon country) I think  that's > cool""".

> >