Send us a suggestion!

Canyoneering Partners 10-24 April

Discussion in 'Meet Up' started by Muskeeto, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Muskeeto

Muskeeto

I'll be in Utah from the 10th April (coming from BC.),Looking to do some intermediate slots,
    Alcatraz, Larry, Burr slot, Benign, Hogs 3, Shenanigans, Monkey Biz, Knotted Rope, Zero G, Inferno.

running out of easy ones to solo,

Thanks Muskeeto!!!
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  2. wisconnyjohnny

wisconnyjohnny

What area and what rating for intermediate slots.?
    Like after a 3a sits all winter it’s very wet and anchors go bye bye and new chock stones are born and all of a sudden all the beta is wrong and you have to be prepared and get creative.
    ratagonia likes this.
  3. Muskeeto

Muskeeto

I Listed canyons i'm interested in doing above, I was going by the standard rating system R- R+ for intermediate, plus additional features like potholes and exposed climbing, difficult down climbs where it's useful to have a partner. I done Lep middle, smallcatraz, Little bull and chambers, so tight stuff and high stemming isn't a problem for me, but at 5ft6 wide silo crossings, like in Psycho damage, would present an additional problem for me!
  4. Preston Gable

Preston Gable

My opinion
    Intermediate = nothing with a R or a 4
    Expert = something R and 4s
    Like Johnny said many canyons will be well scoured and may have returned to its natural state.
  5. Canyonero

Canyonero

I may have some time during those days. I've only done one of your listed canyons though (Shenanigans.) Trying to decide what to do with my days off. If it ends up being canyoneering, that could work out well. It would be the first few days of your trip.

Anyone I know that you've done canyons with before?

BTW- just came back from BC last week. If I ever move away from Utah, that's probably where I'll go.
    Muskeeto likes this.
  6. Craig

Craig Feeling My Way

I'm not sure of my schedule yet but should be in the area during some of those days. I've sent you a private message.