Send us a suggestion!

Camping at Natural Bridges

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by monocoger, Apr 2, 2010.

1. monocoger

monocoger Guest

Any suggestions for camping overnight at NB? I know you can do the loop in a day, but if I want to make it an overnighter, what are my options? Thanks!
  2. RAM

RAM Guest

A quick call to the visitor center confirms that no camping within the canyons, within the park. One can camp outside the park boundaries only. The loop is reserved day tripping only. One could hike through the loop section with a full pack, if one were staying outside the park at night. As of a few weeks back, the Sipupu (sp?help!) trail was closed due to ice, snow and a collapsed ladder. You can check with the park on trail status and other questions by calling 435-692-1234. Extension #16 will get you to someone at the front desk during business hours.

When are you planning your trip for? If you want some suggestions for car camping outside of the park campground, several dirt roads offer options just outside the park proper. Lots of water down there now, with all the washes flowing now. Neoprene socks would be the recommendation for the feet. Good luck Ram

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "monocoger" <greenbeak2002@...> wrote:
    Any suggestions for camping overnight at NB? I know you can do the loop in a day, but if I want to make it an overnighter, what are my options? Thanks! >
  3. Peggy

Peggy Guest

No backpack camping inside the park, but you can walk down White Canyon about a mile and a half from Kachina Bridge until you are outside the park boundaries to camp.

The car campground is really nice for tents except when there are too many RV's with generators, (the 21-foot total length limit is frequently ignored) but there are only 13 sites total and they fill up by 10:00 am or so in season.

At the far end of the one-way loop drive, from Owachomo Bridge Tuwa and Armstrong Canyons leave the park pretty soon too.

Peggy

----- Original Message ----- From: "monocoger" greenbeak2002@yahoo.com> To: Yahoo Canyons Group Sent: Friday, April 2, 2010 2:00:10 PM GMT -07:00 US/Canada Mountain Subject: [from Canyons Group] Camping at Natural Bridges

Any suggestions for camping overnight at NB? I know you can do the loop in a day, but if I want to make it an overnighter, what are my options? Thanks!