Send us a suggestion!

Camp Goblin Fall Arrester

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Gear' started by townsend, Jul 18, 2018.

1. townsend

townsend

Does anyone have this, or has anyone used this device?
    [​IMG]

Here is a youtube video:

There are also some accessories that go with it -- that are supposed to make it, e.g., slide easier on the rope.

I think the primary use of this might be for top rope soloing (and then, only on shorter routes with extreme caution and another device as a backup). YMMV.

I am always wondering whether it might also work to back up one's rappel. I know the standard action -- it weighs much more than an autobloc, and an autobloc is cheaper too.

For the rich and the "don't care about weight crowd," is it possibly useful for any canyoneering applications?
  2. Andrew J Farrow

Andrew J Farrow

it APPEARS to te a design progression from the old troll // ISC " rocker "

and like all such things - it has its uses - and is designed built for a specific task

and using iit for " other things " - may work or fail - dependant on circumstance

i would not use it as a abseil back up - on the SAME rope as the descender device [ its designed for use on a 2nd rope saftey ]

also - i SUSSPECT that just like its predecescor - it will not engage on a weighted rope - which limits its use in many applications [ prorgress capture , semergency ascender etc etc ]
  3. gajslk

gajslk

Doubtful. Very doubtful. And I'm an optimist. :)
  4. Sutitan

Sutitan

Id be curious how it would work with sand in all the nooks and crannies. My guess would be that if its not kept clean, the lock wont engage smoothly on the rope. Or vice versa, it engages and fails to disengage. But this is just pure speculation on my end.