Send us a suggestion!

CAC Call for Volunteers: Grand Canyon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rich Rudow, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Rich Rudow

Rich Rudow

The Coalition of American Canyoneers is seeking four volunteers to conduct a service project for Grand Canyon National Park from Friday Apr 28 through Sunday Apr 30. The project will be located near Parashant Canyon in western Grand Canyon and will involve collection of old ranching debris inside the Park. Transportation to the project site from the Mt. Trumbull Schoolhouse on the Arizona Strip will be provided by CAC. Participants must be in good physical condition, be prepared to camp remotely with backpacking gear, and not wilt under the April heat or during the many mind blowing views.

I will lead the service project for CAC in conjunction with NPS personnel. After the project I'll lead a technical canyon descent for the participants. The canyon selected will be determined based on the time participants have available, but an adventure up to three days in duration is an option.

Contact me directly by email (rich.rudow@gmail.com ) if you have questions or are interested in participating.

Thanks!
    Bill and Kevin like this.
  2. Rich Rudow

Rich Rudow

Howdy folks! We're full for this project. Thank you again for your interest. We typically have multiple CAC service projects each year so if you missed out this time please keep your eye out for the next opportunity. Your service helps keep slot canyons open for the community.

Regards,