Send us a suggestion!

BSA Climbing Instructor Course

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hlscowboy, Feb 27, 2017.

1. hlscowboy

hlscowboy

The Utah National Parks Council is putting on a Climbing Instructor Course in St. George beginning this week and still have some available slots open. This course will train you to be a Level II Instructor, which is required to take scouts on any rappelling, climbing, or canyoneering activities. The cost is only $150 which is a fraction of what it usually costs to get this training. If you are interested you can contact Jeff Peterson at howtorappel@gmail.com for more information.

Attached Files:

• March2017ClimbingClassSaintGeorgeFlyer.
      Filename:
      March2017ClimbingClassSaintGeorgeFlyer.jpg
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    ratagonia likes this.
  2. Canyonero

Canyonero

There is no guarantee taking this class will make you a level I instructor, much less a level 2 instructor. Despite climbing for 20 years, I think it was a couple of years from the time I took the first class until they actually let me be a level 2 instructor. And I'm still not qualified in the BSA's eyes to take scouts down the Subway.

I'm not saying don't take this class. I'm saying realize this program is a major commitment and certainly not worth it just to take scouts on a single trip.