Send us a suggestion!

Bridge Mt. Arch-Rope

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by adkramoo@aol.com, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Hi Bo 70 feet will do it. The chimney is in 2 sections, with the lower requiring a big stem on to the face. At the mid point one can continue up on a steep stem chimney or squeeze through the cave to the left and climb out the top. If you do the latter, which is easier and safer, pull the rope through and go around and drop it from the top of the chimney for belays. Tree anchors available. Some folks miss the turn into this chimney and find other, more difficult alternative chimneys to the North. Fun route. Rap chimney on return. A VERY early start is prudent, as the sun shines early on the first big ascent. Caching water on the way is also wise. Enjoy. RAM

2. Bo Beck

Bo Beck Guest

Thanks, I went on Saturday and did the hike! Unfortunately I had to leave before I got your e-mail. I took a 200' 8mm PMI.... oh well! What a fun, beautiful hike! The friend that I went with struggled a bit, so it took longer than anticipated, but with a 6 am start and a 6 pm finish we didn't have to break out the headlamps. The weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cool, just right! What a great day! Thanks again for responding, Bo

----- Original Message ----- From: adkramoo@aol.com> To: <Yahoo Canyons Group> Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2002 9:12 AM Subject: [from Canyons Group] Re:Bridge Mt. Arch-Rope

> Hi Bo > 70 feet will do it. The chimney is in 2 sections, with the lower requiring a > big stem on to the face. At the mid point one can continue up on a steep stem > chimney or squeeze through the cave to the left and climb out the top. If you > do the latter, which is easier and safer, pull the rope through and go around > and drop it from the top of the chimney for belays. Tree anchors available. > Some folks miss the turn into this chimney and find other, more difficult > alternative chimneys to the North. Fun route. Rap chimney on return. A VERY > early start is prudent, as the sun shines early on the first big ascent. > Caching water on the way is also wise. Enjoy. > RAM
    >

To change your options, go to the Canyons Egroup page on yahoo: > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/
    > This will require logging into Yahoo. Click on the "Edit My > Membership" link, and change your delivery option. Press "Save > Changes".
    DAILY DIGEST OPTION will deliver one email > to you each day summarizing that day's messages.
    WEB ONLY OPTION will not deliver email; you > must visit the web site to view messages.

Your use of Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

>