Send us a suggestion!

Boundary

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NevadaSlots, Apr 7, 2018.

1. NevadaSlots

NevadaSlots

I know Boundary Cn. was flowing last spring. Anyone descended er' this season? H20? or has anyone on C.C. gone up the MIA this year? I've done both and I'm just looking for a bit of a condition report just so I can weigh my options for a coming weekend trip with a less experienced canyoneer. Also any Imlay Conditions?
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  2. 2065toyota

2065toyota

I would guess that there is prob 3 to 5' of snow still in the canyon, but I could be wrong. The Snotel reading is still showing 26" inches of snow at Kolob Resevoir so there would be more in the canyons and shady areas
    Austin Farnworth likes this.
  3. ratagonia

ratagonia

You could call ZAC and see if they are getting vehicles out to Lava Point. Pretty sure down to the West Rim TH is still snowed in.

Tom
  4. Yellow Dart

Yellow Dart It's only hubris if I fail.

As of 4/12 it is, and the gate at the ranger cabin is closed.

Pretty early to be heading down there. As pointed out, likely mass snow in the slot. Boundary can flow for a good while, so I wouldn't necessarily rush it. This pic was May 30th 2016, so there's plenty of time to get rained on in Boundary (granted, the virgin was flowing 200-300cfs 4/14/16 vs 60-70cfs 4/14/18)
    DSC01412.JPG