Send us a suggestion!

Boundary condidions wanted

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by Shaun, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Shaun

Shaun Guest

anyone know the latest conditions. saw some pictures from this week. looks like still a little flow. wondering if wetsuits are needed. I've got one but one of my partners does not for this weekend.

Thanks in advance.
  2. RAM

RAM Guest

Does this person run warm? How many people are going? If there is flow, it is a cold kinda place. If lots of people are going, it can be a "stand around" type of place as one rap often follows the next. Supposed to be plenty hot this weekend, but you will be at altitude, in an east-west canyon. If your minus a wet suit and its needed, other compensating arrangements can be organized. Wool hat, pile under a splash jacket, Neo socks, warm drinks brought along. With temps in Springdale between 90 and 100, you will get by IF its flowing a little. The rest of the hike is warmer, after the rap series. Come on, Shaun, give the person your suit. Your the veteran, who knows how to suffer well. correct? ;-) R --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "Shaun" <trackrunner83@...> wrote:
    anyone know the latest conditions. saw some pictures from this week. looks like still a little flow. wondering if wetsuits are needed. I've got one but one of my partners does not for this weekend.
    Thanks in advance. >
  3. TomJones

TomJones Guest

Did Boundary yesterday, 9/2/2010. Lots of water, even more than in June. I was happy to have my 4/3 wetsuit PLUS neoprene shorts and an expedition weight fleece top under the wetsuit - and still a tad chilly.

Pretty exciting conditions. I was really happy to have an extra rope along in case one got stuck. The long grey sling for the third rappel goes up over the rock buttress and sits in the groove, to help with the pull on that rappel. Definitely Class C, though face shots can be avoided by careful rappel-stemming and other rodeo tricks.

Tom

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "Shaun" <trackrunner83@...> wrote:
    Thanks in advance. >