Send us a suggestion!

Bluejohn Canyons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Derrick Snider, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Derrick Snider

Derrick Snider Avid Landscape Photo Ninja

Has anyone been through any of the Bluejohn forks recently? Thinking of hitting east fork next week or so. Trying to find out about water levels specifically (if any).

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Austin Farnworth

Austin Farnworth

2 weeks ago the west, main and 127 hours chock stone slots were bone dry. We have had waist deep water in the east fork in similar conditions. The area has got much rain since then with the current rain total at hans flat ranger station in march being .60 inches. More than enough to fill blue john up. If it is full of water right now, you can avoid much of it by doing the little blue john fork. The final slot with the 127 hours chock stone has avoidable water in full conditions if you are wiling to stem a bit but it would likely be no more than knee deep.
    ratagonia likes this.
  3. Derrick Snider

Thanks! I’m up in ND working and wasn’t sure if they’ve been getting much rain out there..
  4. Austin Farnworth

Austin Farnworth

Here is link to the NOAA website where you can get specific rainfall information for areas like robbers roost or Hanksville area. Just search by zip code or county and you will get a good idea of what has been going on with rainfall in the areas you want to go. https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cdo-web/search;jsessionid=6795E14E5E439BE5F5761790751D0686

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    ratagonia likes this.
  5. Derrick Snider

Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk