Send us a suggestion!

Bird Perch Condos........wasMaxxiPads available.

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by RAM, Jun 25, 2010.

1. RAM

RAM Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "Bill" <thedesertnomad@...> wrote:

Thanks for the Heaps report!! Great canyon, eh? Is that Nomad Bill who waited up top? How long? At least he had a nice view, if not lounge seating.

> ***You got it Ram, it was me ;) I was FAR TOO CHEAP to let my 300' dangle there for all the world to see! I had an awesome view and got to take pictures of all the folks taking pictures of me! I was even the first kid on my block to take a nap on the bird's perch! I didn't think that it could have gotten any easier from last time I did it... I was wrong ;)
    Bill >

Thanks for taking the time up there, to effect the retrieval. Not surprised that you made it fun for all the viewers at home and below! Thinking that had to be 3 hours up there all together? My group the first time, took longer on the wall than the we spent in the main canyon (Big time big wall learning curve-knots passed etc.). I have distinct memories of being rather cramped ( and downright scared) on the perch. As for taking a nap? I ASSUME you were tied in while napping? No history of sleep walking? ;-) R
  2. Bill

Bill Guest

Well, we were 5 hours from the slot up in Phantom Valley to the top of the last rap and a little over 4 hrs from top of last rap to me touching down at the bottom, lol. I was first down to the perch, so I hit it at around 2:30 and touched down at Emerald at 6:30, so a total of 4 hrs on the perch. Of course I was tied in, but I'm a little "touched" in the head when it comes to heights like that (I truly love them!).

Bill

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "RAM" <adkramoo@...> wrote:

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "Bill" <thedesertnomad@> wrote:

Thanks for the Heaps report!! Great canyon, eh? Is that Nomad Bill who waited up top? How long? At least he had a nice view, if not lounge seating.

***You got it Ram, it was me ;) I was FAR TOO CHEAP to let my 300' dangle there for all the world to see! I had an awesome view and got to take pictures of all the folks taking pictures of me! I was even the first kid on my block to take a nap on the bird's perch! I didn't think that it could have gotten any easier from last time I did it... I was wrong ;)

Bill

> Thanks for taking the time up there, to effect the retrieval. Not surprised that you made it fun for all the viewers at home and below! Thinking that had to be 3 hours up there all together? My group the first time, took longer on the wall than the we spent in the main canyon (Big time big wall learning curve-knots passed etc.). I have distinct memories of being rather cramped ( and downright scared) on the perch. As for taking a nap? I ASSUME you were tied in while napping? No history of sleep walking? ;-) > R >