Send us a suggestion!

Ben Hebb

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by RAM, Aug 30, 2010.

1. RAM

RAM Guest

Read about someone falling on Long's Peak this week on North Chimney, the standard approach to the Diamond, the 1000 ft face at 13,000 feet. Now i find out that it was Ben Hebb, who I never met but chatted with several times, off of posts on this board, shared by his friend Jason (Forum8fox). My condolences to the family and his friends. Here is the report of the fall and of this fellows upclimb of Sandthrax.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/message/54251

Rocky Mountain National Park (CO) Climber Killed In 800-Foot Fall

Early on the morning of August 27th, park dispatch received a report of a probable climbing fatality from climbing ranger Kevin Sturmer. Sturmer saw the climber fall about 800 feet from the North Chimney route on the east face of Longs Peak. Park SAR personnel reached the victim's location on the Mills Glacier; he was pronounced dead shortly thereafter via radio link by the Boulder County coroner. An investigation is underway into the cause of his death. [Submitted by Mark C. McCutcheon, Acting Chief Ranger]
  2. RAM

RAM Guest

Sounds like it was off the first pitch or so on the Diamond. Doesn't matter. Very sad.

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "RAM" <adkramoo@...> wrote:
    Read about someone falling on Long's Peak this week on North Chimney, the standard approach to the Diamond, the 1000 ft face at 13,000 feet. Now i find out that it was Ben Hebb, who I never met but chatted with several times, off of posts on this board, shared by his friend Jason (Forum8fox). My condolences to the family and his friends. Here is the report of the fall and of this fellows upclimb of Sandthrax.
    > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/message/54251

Rocky Mountain National Park (CO) > Climber Killed In 800-Foot Fall
    Early on the morning of August 27th, park dispatch received a report of a > probable climbing fatality from climbing ranger Kevin Sturmer. Sturmer saw the > climber fall about 800 feet from the North Chimney route on the east face of > Longs Peak. Park SAR personnel reached the victim's location on the Mills > Glacier; he was pronounced dead shortly thereafter via radio link by the Boulder > County coroner. An investigation is underway into the cause of his death. > [Submitted by Mark C. McCutcheon, Acting Chief Ranger] >
  3. Randi

Randi Guest

Oh no! How sad - :(I read this young man's TR  on the group.His enthusiasm for embracing adventure was infectious, & I really enjoyed his writing about it. I'm so sorry for his friends and family. Heartfelt condolences to everyone who knew and loved him...

--- On Mon, 8/30/10, RAM adkramoo@aol.com> wrote:

From: RAM adkramoo@aol.com> Subject: [from Canyons Group] Ben Hebb To: Yahoo Canyons Group Date: Monday, August 30, 2010, 3:34 AM

Rocky Mountain National Park (CO)

Climber Killed In 800-Foot Fall

Early on the morning of August 27th, park dispatch received a report of a

probable climbing fatality from climbing ranger Kevin Sturmer. Sturmer saw the

climber fall about 800 feet from the North Chimney route on the east face of

Longs Peak. Park SAR personnel reached the victim's location on the Mills

Glacier; he was pronounced dead shortly thereafter via radio link by the Boulder

County coroner. An investigation is underway into the cause of his death.

[Submitted by Mark C. McCutcheon, Acting Chief Ranger]
  4. Very sad to hear it was someone who posted here; and someone so talented. My condolences to his family and friends...

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, Randi <advntr_inxs@...> wrote:
    Oh no! How sad - :(I read this young man's TR  on the group.His enthusiasm for embracing adventure was infectious, & I really enjoyed his writing about it. I'm so sorry for his friends and family. Heartfelt condolences to everyone who knew and loved him...
    --- On Mon, 8/30/10, RAM <adkramoo@...> wrote: