Send us a suggestion!

Beginner Canyoneers.

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by kesscokim, Jul 2, 2003.

1. kesscokim

kesscokim Guest

Sometimes beginners make the best partners. On my last trip I took two beginners down a canyon. We discussed the importance of ethics etc., and had a great time. Much less contention than the trip before which consisted of hardened experienced canyoneers. That said I am willing to take beginners with me sometimes as long as they have some experience in semi-tech canyons and a little practice rappelling. I am tied up until September, but will lead several trips starting in September, some suitable for the newbies with some experience. Of course I am still looking for the hard core type canyoneers to do some of the more extreme canyons. Areas I'm planning on visiting are Powell, Western Colorado, southern Wyoming. Also for newbies there are several guide services out there that take people canyoneering (Desert Highlights is one). Using a guide service is a good way to get a little experience, but after that you will need more experience with converntional rappel devices, etc. Keep in touch and contact me at kesscokim@yahoo.com .