Send us a suggestion!

Beer in the Roost

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by Ice, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Ice

Ice Guest

TA, Gunner and I were canyoneering in the Roost last weekend and some dumbass left his cooler unattended in the back of his truck. TA snagged 3 cold beers out of the cooler and tossed Gunner and I one each. But the joke was on TA as it was soon discovered that he had really snagged 2 root beers (dam you Henry Weinhardts) and one true barley pop. TA had tossed the real beer to Gunner and Gunner would not give it back. So TA and I were forced to suffer drinking a crappy root beer while Gunner enjoyed a refreshing cold one. But we paid Gunner back for his self-absorbed ways by tossing his pants out of the car window on the drive home when he was trying to change clothes in the backseat. We definitely had a good laugh watching Gunner eat dinner at Ray's Tavern not wearing any pants and sitting there in his boxers trying to pretend they were some type of stylin' new hiking shorts.

:)
  2. adkramoo

adkramoo Guest

Hey BIG Joe!!He lives in Draper, Utah. Did I say that Joe was BIG???!!!??? ;-) LOL!

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "Ice" <iceaxe_us@...> wrote:
    TA, Gunner and I were canyoneering in the Roost last weekend and some dumbass left his cooler unattended in the back of his truck. TA snagged 3 cold beers out of the cooler and tossed Gunner and I one each. But the joke was on TA as it was soon discovered that he had really snagged 2 root beers (dam you Henry Weinhardts) and one true barley pop. TA had tossed the real beer to Gunner and Gunner would not give it back. So TA and I were forced to suffer drinking a crappy root beer while Gunner enjoyed a refreshing cold one. But we paid Gunner back for his self-absorbed ways by tossing his pants out of the car window on the drive home when he was trying to change clothes in the backseat. We definitely had a good laugh watching Gunner eat dinner at Ray's Tavern not wearing any pants and sitting there in his boxers trying to pretend they were some type of stylin' new hiking shorts.

:) >
  3. canyoncrazy

canyoncrazy Guest

So just wondering, IF this was your cooler, you had put it under your truck because you were on a backpacking trip and didn't want your ice to melt in the cab of the truck and You come back to your truck to find: 1. someone went through your FOOD 2. left your cooler open 3. and took something out of YOUR cooler How would You feel???? violated? robbed? unsure of the safty of your food? You are so, so lucky that we didn't get out of the canyon 1 hr sooner. From the tracks to and from our truck, we only missed you by one hour tops. We fallowed your tire tracks to the main road and looked for ANY cars that matched your tire tracks. You should count yourselves lucky that we did not find you because steeling, food, drinks what ever from a fellow canyoneer is something that really pushes us over the edge- YES IF We had found you we would have kicked the living s@&*t out of the 3 of you. Just to let you know. We have left our cooler out in many places, in busy trailheads in Phoenix to remote places in the back country and no one has ever done that before. The beers were for Ram and his other friend that was there that weekend. The root beer was for us once we completed the backpacking trip- and was really missed by both of us.

Ps, We both hold grudges, Joe is 250lbs of solid muscle and Sara is an x-wrestler who still weight lifts. I hope we never run across you three.

In Yahoo Canyons Group, "Ice" <iceaxe_us@...> wrote:

4. canyoncrazy

canyoncrazy Guest

And I'm not kidding about the grudge factor.
  5. rich_rudow

rich_rudow Guest

This must be a joke or you have a single digit IQ ... not sure which yet. If you really did steal the drinks I would suggest that you promptly make restitution. You really don't want to be looking over your shoulder every time you canyon. And I don't want to HAVE TO lock every damn thing I own in the cab of my truck at every trailhead. This is total bullshit.

Do yourself a favor - pay for what you stole and be more considerate in the future. Not that Joe and Sara need the help seeking justice ... but ... this is a principle issue and they have my full support!

Rich

6. adkramoo

adkramoo Guest

Nah, not serious. Just a fella pulling folks chain. A stab at humor.

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "rich_rudow" <rich_rudow@...> wrote:
    This must be a joke or you have a single digit IQ ... not sure which yet. If you really did steal the drinks I would suggest that you promptly make restitution. You really don't want to be looking over your shoulder every time you canyon. And I don't want to HAVE TO lock every damn thing I own in the cab of my truck at every trailhead. This is total bullshit.
    Do yourself a favor - pay for what you stole and be more considerate in the future. Not that Joe and Sara need the help seeking justice ... but ... this is a principle issue and they have my full support!
    Rich
    > --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "Ice" <iceaxe_us@> wrote:

>
  7. LOL - good times - On the drive home Totally Awesome and Ice were laughing their asses off wishing they could have stuck around to see the look on their faces.

P.S. If anyone finds a pair of pants on highway 24 please send them to me. TA wouldn't stop the car so I could go back and get mine. Or if you have an extra pair of pants please sent them my way. 32 waist, 36 inseam.

8. restrac2000

restrac2000 Guest

I'm still trying to interpret the messages.....

Are we seeing the return of Shane the Troll or is he a bigger prick than I even gave him credit for (not that either is a welcoming statement that will likely get a response)? Either way....pretty lame.

Sorry about the lost comrades, Sara and Joe. As small a token as they are the simple thought of a refreshing beverage often provides the needed second and third winds.

Phillip

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "harveylipsmacker" <joegunner88@...> wrote:
    LOL - good times - On the drive home Totally Awesome and Ice were laughing their asses off wishing they could have stuck around to see the look on their faces.
    P.S. If anyone finds a pair of pants on highway 24 please send them to me. TA wouldn't stop the car so I could go back and get mine. Or if you have an extra pair of pants please sent them my way. 32 waist, 36 inseam.

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "Ice" <iceaxe_us@> wrote:

9. canyoncrazy

canyoncrazy Guest

You have got to be kidding me, you find that funny? To steal from someone? To take with out asking? Had you come across us as we were unpacking from our backpack hike and asked we would have gave you the beer, but No you had to take it. And to litter on the highway?- yes I'm talking about your pants.

Your parents must have never taught you right and wrong. The really f#cked up thing is that now people know to lock up everything because the canyoning community has a group of childish thieves.

"dude look a cooler, wow man I bet there is beer in there"

The sad thing is WE don't drink! The beer was for Ram. And, And it would had really sucked IF our food had all spoiled because you three a$$*holes left the cooler open!

Like I stated before we both hold grudges and I hope we don't ever run across the 3 of you, or there will be a big problem. Just a fair 'heads up' for you.

Sucks in such a small community you can't trust your fellow outdoor people.

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "harveylipsmacker" <joegunner88@...> wrote:
    LOL - good times - On the drive home Totally Awesome and Ice were laughing their asses off wishing they could have stuck around to see the look on their faces.

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "Ice" <iceaxe_us@> wrote:

10. --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "canyoncrazy" <canyoncrazy@...> wrote:
    You have got to be kidding me, you find that funny? > To steal from someone? > To take with out asking? Had you come across us as we were unpacking from our backpack hike and asked we would have gave you the beer, but No you had to take it.........

In case you missed it...Shane is just jerkin you around man. Chill out. The humor is in feigning it was him, not that it actually was. A bit of a troll.

I have to admit I laughed when I read his post....only because I knew it was a troll, but very funny none the less, especially with the subsequent posts.

It was probably a canyon racoon. No real harm done. Besides, everyone knows Ram likes scotch and sparkling water best!
  11. canyoncrazy

canyoncrazy Guest

Raccoons- although are extremily talented, do Not wear size 12 shoes, leave 7" hand prints on our truck's door, drive a car with 215-highway tread vehicle, or have enough forearm strenth to pull a cooler out from under a truck and push it back again. The tracks point to some sort of low-life human.

If he, Shane is it? and the other guy, are joking it is a fu#ked up way to joke. I see no humor in claiming to do something you didn't do.

I know Ram likes scotch and his many cans of sparkling water, but since we don't drink and a friend had brought a few hefeweizens over to our house when he was over for dinner- we figured Ram might have liked one. Better than letting them sit in our fridge for the next 6 months.
  12. adkramoo

adkramoo Guest

I might have forced one or two down! ;-) On the day you exited the Roost, we were doing the Squeeze. Close, my friend, close. And I do appreciate the sentiment.

215-highway tread

LOL! Let me guess, Sara the worlds most knowledgeable women on tires picked that out. I would no more mess with her, than mess with you. Rumor has you simplifying lifestyle and getting more days out soon. A toast to good times and great adventures together, coming soon. R

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "canyoncrazy" <canyoncrazy@...> wrote:
    Raccoons- although are extremily talented, do Not wear size 12 shoes, leave 7" hand prints on our truck's door, drive a car with 215-highway tread vehicle, or have enough forearm strenth to pull a cooler out from under a truck and push it back again. > The tracks point to some sort of low-life human.
    If he, Shane is it? and the other guy, are joking it is a fu#ked up way to joke. I see no humor in claiming to do something you didn't do.
    I know Ram likes scotch and his many cans of sparkling water, but since we don't drink and a friend had brought a few hefeweizens over to our house when he was over for dinner- we figured Ram might have liked one. Better than letting them sit in our fridge for the next 6 months. >
  13. restrac2000

restrac2000 Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "adkramoo" <adkramoo@...> wrote:
    > 215-highway tread >

I sensing the ghosts of My Cousin Vinny...
  14. Gunner

Gunner Guest

My girl and all her female friends bitch about the exact same thing while paining their nails and drinking female drinks.

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "canyoncrazy" <canyoncrazy@...> wrote: You have got to be kidding me, you find that funny? To steal from someone? To take with out asking? Had you come across us as we were unpacking from our backpack hike and asked we would have gave you the beer, but No you had to take it. And to litter on the highway?- yes I'm talking about your pants.

Your parents must have never taught you right and wrong. The really f#cked up thing is that now people know to lock up everything because the canyoning community has a group of childish thieves.

"dude look a cooler, wow man I bet there is beer in there"

The sad thing is WE don't drink! The beer was for Ram. And, And it would had really sucked IF our food had all spoiled because you three a$$*holes left the cooler open!

Like I stated before we both hold grudges and I hope we don't ever run across the 3 of you, or there will be a big problem. Just a fair 'heads up' for you.

Sucks in such a small community you can't trust your fellow outdoor people.
  15. canyoncrazy

canyoncrazy Guest

Wow someone actually would date you. Does she paint your nails too? I bet you look all pretty with thoes painted nails.
  16. canyoncrazy

canyoncrazy Guest

Close, but I'm not in to big hair, gum smacking and wearing leather pants, or make up for that matter. . . leather pants could be fun. . . humm. . .

10 years of changing tires has an affect on your eyes. . . . you actually can guess what kind of car, brand etc. just by a track. Sad huh?

-- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "restrac2000" <Happyfeet00@...> wrote:
    --- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "adkramoo" <adkramoo@> wrote:

215-highway tread

I sensing the ghosts of My Cousin Vinny... >
  17. adkramoo

adkramoo Guest

10 years of knowing her tires, plus she checks my the fluids in my car when I see her! AND she looks like this!! http://picasaweb.google.com/aramv14/October2008#5267082824018261186 The art work is hers too? Canyon most of the group into the ground too. A person of many talents

Close, but I'm not in to big hair, gum smacking and wearing leather pants, or make up for that matter. . . leather pants could be fun. . . humm. . .
    10 years of changing tires has an affect on your eyes. . . . you actually can guess what kind of car, brand etc. just by a track. Sad huh?

> -- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "restrac2000" <Happyfeet00@> wrote:

> 215-highway tread

> I sensing the ghosts of My Cousin Vinny...
    >
  18. canyoncrazy

canyoncrazy Guest

Ram! cut that out, stop putting my picture on a link! I like being faceless HA Ha! :)

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "adkramoo" <adkramoo@...> wrote:
    10 years of knowing her tires, plus she checks my the fluids in my car when I see her! AND she looks like this!! > http://picasaweb.google.com/aramv14/October2008#5267082824018261186
    The art work is hers too? Canyon most of the group into the ground too. A person of many talents

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "canyoncrazy" <canyoncrazy@> wrote:

-- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "restrac2000" <Happyfeet00@> wrote:

215-highway tread

I sensing the ghosts of My Cousin Vinny...
  19. Ice

Ice Guest

I was abused as a child and the way I cope is by expressing myself through my writing. Please try to be more understanding :(

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "restrac2000" <Happyfeet00@...> wrote:
    I'm still trying to interpret the messages.....
    Are we seeing the return of Shane the Troll or is he a bigger prick than I even gave him credit for (not that either is a welcoming statement that will likely get a response)? Either way....pretty lame.
    Sorry about the lost comrades, Sara and Joe. As small a token as they are the simple thought of a refreshing beverage often provides the needed second and third winds.
    Phillip >
  20. Gunner

Gunner Guest

Hell no bitch.... I'm a playa.... Usually you can find me and the crew sportin' the chilled out look, flashin' the guns, abs cut like diamonds. I'm on the cover of all the major climbing magazines. Surprised a wanna be like you doesn't already know that. And don't make me laugh with all the ass kickin' talk. I watched bodyguard, Costner is some lame pussy bitch, I'd knock him the f**k out.

Wow someone actually would date you. > Does she paint your nails too? > I bet you look all pretty with thoes painted nails. >