Send us a suggestion!

Baptist Draw and Upper Chute Conditions Report

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by johnbraun, Apr 11, 2011.

1. johnbraun

johnbraun Guest

We did Baptist Draw and Upper Chute to Chute Junction Yesterday. It was our first time in said canyons but there was nothing notable condition-wise: no log jams, no major water, etc. We didn't even get our feet wet.

I think the roads into the cowboy camp would be passable for a 2WD car, but it'd be close. Shovel or mountain bike would be a good idea.

We removed about 20ft of tattered webbing from the rappel in lower Chute, but I forgot to grab it before heading down. If anyone sees it, please pack it out.

Also of some interest, it appears a party spent the night at the Baptist/Chute junction - they wrote in charcoal on the walls "bad mud up canyon, turn around now, etc." We had no real mud problems to deal with.
  2. TomJones

TomJones Guest

Thanks for the report.

Tom

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "johnbraun" <johnpbraun@...> wrote:
    We did Baptist Draw and Upper Chute to Chute Junction Yesterday. It was our first time in said canyons but there was nothing notable condition-wise: no log jams, no major water, etc. We didn't even get our feet wet.
    I think the roads into the cowboy camp would be passable for a 2WD car, but it'd be close. Shovel or mountain bike would be a good idea.
    We removed about 20ft of tattered webbing from the rappel in lower Chute, but I forgot to grab it before heading down. If anyone sees it, please pack it out.
    Also of some interest, it appears a party spent the night at the Baptist/Chute junction - they wrote in charcoal on the walls "bad mud up canyon, turn around now, etc." We had no real mud problems to deal with. >