Send us a suggestion!

News Arizona rock climber found dead with 100s of bee stings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kuenn, May 11, 2013.

1. Kuenn

Kuenn

2. TannerT

TannerT

WOW! Maybe we should add that to the new rating system.
  3. Bootboy

Bootboy Atwood Gear

Makes me sick to think about. What a horrible way to go. My condolences to his family.
  4. Kuenn

Kuenn

Killer bees (logical assumption) can be an ominous sight in the wild. A few years back our group was in Mexico, San Luis Potosí area, doing an open air pit when a massive swarm (more like small cloud) of KBs passed overhead. I remember thinking at that time we are pretty much helpless if they choose to descend upon us.
  5. Bootboy

Bootboy Atwood Gear

That's the interesting thing about them. The Africanized bees have a much greater propensity to swarm and relocate. A friend of mine said that one day while he was washing windows several stories up, hanging in his bosuns seat, he heard a sound that he couldn't explain, then he looked up and saw a cloud of thousands of bees on a mass exodus. He thought he was a dead man, but the bees kept on moving.
    I have to worry about just a single bee as I'm allergic. Epi pen anyone?
  6. WaaWooAZ

WaaWooAZ Oh the Flow