Send us a suggestion!

Anyone want to guess when the Zion Narrows will open?

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by utswell, May 20, 2010.

1. utswell

utswell Guest

It been wet and cool in Zion this year. Anyone have and educated guess on when the narrows will be open for hiking?

In 2005, as I recall, the narrows opened after the 4th of July. We did Imlay at one of Tom's fests and floated a good share of the hike down the narrows to the shuttle. I think the flow was around 85. It was sweet.

-James
  2. Bill

Bill Guest

I am hoping for June, but not holding my breath. It's finally starting to warm up overnight, but not getting enough rain to help with the melt out. I heard yesterday that the Kolob Res. is flowing naturally right now, and I haven't heard anything about Deep Creek which should be contributing more than anything. The month of June may be a bad Zion canyon month considering nothing available on the East side and nothing that drains into the Virgin... hmmmm that takes quite a bit of jam out of that doughnut!!!

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "utswell" <utswell@...> wrote:
    It been wet and cool in Zion this year. Anyone have and educated guess on when the narrows will be open for hiking?
    In 2005, as I recall, the narrows opened after the 4th of July. > We did Imlay at one of Tom's fests and floated a good share of the hike down the narrows to the shuttle. I think the flow was around 85. It was sweet.
    -James >
  3. TomJones

TomJones Guest

June 9th.

WAG for sure.

Tom

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "utswell" <utswell@...> wrote:
    In 2005, as I recall, the narrows opened after the 4th of July. > We did Imlay at one of Tom's fests and floated a good share of the hike down the narrows to the shuttle. I think the flow was around 85. It was sweet.
    -James >