Send us a suggestion!

Anyone for East Fork Fat Man's-Barracks-Labyrinth Falls Oct 15 Tues?

Discussion in 'Meet Up' started by RossK, Sep 21, 2019.

1. RossK

RossK

Hello, a canyoneer with around 100 canyons' experience wants to do this with me, but her vastly more experienced friend now has house move stuff that day, & she doesn't feel happy taking me alone because I'm pretty inexperienced (having only done around 10 canyons always led by friends).
    She's asking a couple other friends but isn't hopeful, so we wondered if any other confident canyoneer(s) would like to come.

Having previously done West Fork, I only really want a shot at this if the aim is to hike on to see the best part of the Barracks as far as the top of Labyrinth Falls which I know is a full dawn to dusk day. We've both done hikes that long so that isn't so much of an issue
  2. Craigcrow

Craigcrow

I would do that with you guys if you could do it on Wednesday or Thursday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RossK likes this.
  3. RossK

RossK

Hi @Craigcrow thanks for the reply. My problem there is I’ve got permits for a 3 day 30 mile hike to Cape Solitude carrying all water (12litres, 60lb pack) starting Friday so I’d need an easy rest couple of days after 12 hours doing Fat Mans & so had booked a touristy tour. We also may have a 3rd now for Tuesday, although I’m awaiting confirmation (he is also looking for someone to canyoneer with Wednesday though as he wants to make if a 2 canyon trip - he spoke about Boundary or Englestead if you were interested in going with him).
    However, if he doesn’t confirm for the tues Fat Mans I may come back to you about doing it Wednesday, & rejig my other plans

4. Craigcrow

Craigcrow

Yeah let me know. I normally do 2 canyon trips as well so if this other guy wants to do boundary Wednesday please put me in touch

5. RossK

RossK

Does that mean you might possibly be able to come along the Tuesday and do Boundary Wednesday? Or is that impossible and you were thinking of Boundary Wednesday & trying to line something else up to add for Thursday
  6. Craigcrow

Craigcrow

My days off work are Wednesday-Thursday but I’d love to do that let me see if I can get that day switched and I’d love to do that canyon with you guys

7. RossK

RossK

Other person is definitely doing Fat Mans tues now so that’s 3 of us as definite plus maybe you. And he says he’d be up for Boundary with you Wednesday. If you send me your email (can PM it) I can get a group thing going between the 4 of us as we’d have to arrange meet times, gear etc

8. Craigcrow

Craigcrow

9. RossK

RossK

I’ve emailed