Send us a suggestion!

Anyone been through Neon recently?

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by eriksalo, Apr 1, 2004.

1. eriksalo

eriksalo Guest

Hi All; I'm planning to going through Neon the week after next (April 12th). I've done the rappel through the cathedral twice before. Both times were in the mid-October timeframe, there wasn't much swimming and no potholes. I didn't use a wetsuit or dryshirt and had no trouble at all with potholes. Has anyone been through Neon this year? Sounds like I should bring a dryshirt but don't need to worry too much about potholes (I always bring hooks and a bolt kit for safety hoping never to have to use it).

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance; Erik

"Just got back from Choprock-Neon myself. Didn't do the canyons but looked into Neon. LOTS of water in there. Both keepers full - no problem getting out of them for now, but probably going to be pretty cold. I heard a report of someone trying to do Neon and bailing because of the cold water."
  2. adkramoo

adkramoo Guest

--- In Yahoo Canyons Group, "eriksalo" <erik.salo@a...> wrote: > Hi All; I'm planning to going through Neon the week after next > (April 12th). Sounds like I should bring a dryshirt but don't > need to worry too much about potholes (I always bring hooks and a > bolt kit for safety hoping never to have to use it).
    > Thanks in advance; Erik

Take care, beware. Unless you are doing the lowest entries and move fast, in a small group, on a hot day, a full wet suit is required in the conditions reported. A dry suit would work if you mind not scuffing it up a bit. A dry shirt? Ummmm, not me! I know the fellow who made that report and his beta is VERY reliable. Canyon can and does hold a ton of water at times. Like now!

RAM