Send us a suggestion!

Adrenalin

Discussion in 'Archives - Yahoo Canyons Group' started by jdz@zionadventures.com, Apr 24, 2001.

1. Adrenalin Sports' logo on their business card is:

"May be dangerous to your health."

Interesting when it comes to liability coverage. My carrier wouldn't touch this.
  2. Jud Eades

Jud Eades Guest

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"> <P><FONT SIZE="2">I cant believe I just recently found out about this group.&nbsp; You are all very entertaining to say the least.&nbsp; I thoroughly enjoy reading the messages you all post.&nbsp; Keep them coming.</FONT></P> <P><FONT SIZE="2">I just thought I would clarify the quote "May be hazardous to your health"&nbsp; My former company Adrenalin Sports,&nbsp; manufactured professional ski clothing as well as ran large outdoor events.&nbsp; Now Jonathon, maybe your insurance company wouldn't touch this.&nbsp; I would hope they wouldn't. Your a guide business. </FONT></P> <P><FONT SIZE="2">But could you imagine how many T-shirts we would sell if they said "Adrenalin Sports- Safety, Technique, and exclusivity"&nbsp; </FONT></P> <P><FONT SIZE="2">I, like you, need to put food on the table.&nbsp; And our clothing sales (especially T-shirts) were through the roof because of the quotes we put on them. Such as "May be hazardous to your health", "Run away from Reality" and so forth. </FONT></P> <P><FONT SIZE="2">And that's why that quote was on the business card.&nbsp; It helped sell more clothing, that was the bottom line.&nbsp; </FONT> </P> <P><FONT SIZE="2">I recently merged Adrenalin Sports with Amazing Outdoors.&nbsp; We are a large outdoor media company that produces Utah Outdoors Magazine, Amazing Outdoors on KSL 1160, soon to produce a nation television show, and of course the web site.&nbsp; We try to not only entertain, but also promote safety, teach skills, and get more people involved in the outdoors. </FONT></P> <P><FONT SIZE="2">I welcome any comments you all have.&nbsp; I would also be interested in having some of you join me on the radio show, and talk about the increase in canyoneering and how people need to understand the damagers involved and how to be prepared for them.&nbsp; </FONT></P> <P><FONT SIZE="2">Any Volunteers?</FONT> </P> <P><FONT SIZE="2">Thanks,</FONT> </P> <P><FONT SIZE="2">Jud</FONT> </P> <BR> <P><FONT SIZE="2">-----Original Message-----</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE="2">From: jdz@zionadventures.com [mailto:jdz@zionadventures.com]</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE="2">Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 4:16 PM</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE="2">To: canyons@yahoogroups.com</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE="2">Subject: [canyons group] Adrenalin</FONT> </P> <BR> <P><FONT SIZE="2">Adrenalin Sports' logo on their business card is:</FONT> </P> <P><FONT SIZE="2">"May be dangerous to your health."</FONT> </P> <P><FONT SIZE="2">Interesting when it comes to liability coverage.</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE="2">My carrier wouldn't touch this.</FONT> </P> <BR> <P><FONT SIZE="2">Sponsored by the American Canyoneering Association</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE="2"><A HREF="http://www.canyoneering.net" TARGET="_blank">http://www.canyoneering.net</A></FONT> </P> <P><FONT SIZE="2">Getting too much email from the Canyons Group?</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE="2">Don't unsubscribe; change your email options.</FONT> </P> <P><FONT SIZE="2">DAILY DIGEST OPTION will deliver one email</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE="2">to you each day summarizing that day's messages.</FONT> </P> <P><FONT SIZE="2">WEB ONLY OPTION will not deliver email; you</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE="2">must visit the web site to view messages.</FONT> <BR><FONT SIZE="2">&nbsp;</FONT> </P> <P><FONT SIZE="2">Your use of Groups is subject to <A HREF="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/" TARGET="_blank">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</A> </FONT> </P>
  3. Good move Jud, lure them with a radio show and wham ! in the basket.

I think you'll get enough volunteers to explain everything about the dangers of canyoneering to life, limb and mopi steps (or was it moki ?). This is what the ACA or any other canyon federation stands for - but better garantee fair coverage, not the "may be hazardous to your health" approach.

I understand the reasoning behind your namecard, my company is called Poco Loco Adventures...

To bait canyoning customers however, best not overdo it. We once made a video that made people actually speed up in front of our trade show stand...

Koen

--- In canyons@y..., Jud Eades <JEades@i...> wrote: > I cant believe I just recently found out about this group. You are all very > entertaining to say the least. I thoroughly enjoy reading the messages you > all post. Keep them coming.
    I just thought I would clarify the quote "May be hazardous to your health" > My former company Adrenalin Sports, manufactured professional ski clothing > as well as ran large outdoor events. Now Jonathon, maybe your insurance > company wouldn't touch this. I would hope they wouldn't. Your a guide > business.
    But could you imagine how many T-shirts we would sell if they said > "Adrenalin Sports- Safety, Technique, and exclusivity"
    I, like you, need to put food on the table. And our clothing sales > (especially T-shirts) were through the roof because of the quotes we put on > them. Such as "May be hazardous to your health", "Run away from Reality" and > so forth. > And that's why that quote was on the business card. It helped sell more > clothing, that was the bottom line.
    I recently merged Adrenalin Sports with Amazing Outdoors. We are a large > outdoor media company that produces Utah Outdoors Magazine, Amazing Outdoors > on KSL 1160, soon to produce a nation television show, and of course the web > site. We try to not only entertain, but also promote safety, teach skills, > and get more people involved in the outdoors.
    I welcome any comments you all have. I would also be interested in having > some of you join me on the radio show, and talk about the increase in > canyoneering and how people need to understand the damagers involved and how > to be prepared for them.
    Any Volunteers?
    Thanks,
    Jud
    > -----Original Message----- > From: jdz@z... [mailto:jdz@z...] > Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2001 4:16 PM > To: canyons@y... > Subject: [canyons group] Adrenalin
    > Adrenalin Sports' logo on their business card is:
    "May be dangerous to your health."
    Interesting when it comes to liability coverage. > My carrier wouldn't touch this.
    > Sponsored by the American Canyoneering Association > http://www.canyoneering.net
    > Getting too much email from the Canyons Group? > Don't unsubscribe; change your email options.
    DAILY DIGEST OPTION will deliver one email > to you each day summarizing that day's messages.
    WEB ONLY OPTION will not deliver email; you > must visit the web site to view messages.
    > Your use of Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/